If I get an iPhone, will people be able to iMessage me through my email or phone number?

Brad Semenick

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
I have an iPad so people obviously iMessage me through my email. If I get an iPhone will people still iMessage me through my email or phone number? If it's through my phone number will it sync with my iPad?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have an iPad so people obviously iMessage me through my email. If I get an iPhone will people still iMessage me through my email or phone number? If it's through my phone number will it sync with my iPad?

Whichever you choose. There is an option in the iMessage settings that will give you the option to choose your Phone number & or your Apple ID to use for sending & receiving iMessages.

Brad Semenick

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Whichever you choose. There is an option in the iMessage settings that will give you the option to choose your Phone number & or your Apple ID to use for sending & receiving iMessages.

So if I choose my phone number, I'm guessing my conversations won't be in sync with my iPad?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
So if I choose my phone number, I'm guessing my conversations won't be in sync with my iPad?

Your iPhone's phone number should automatically sync to your iPad or MacBook, if applicable. You may have to logout of iMessage on your iPad when you get your iPhone and then log back in after you've configured iMessage on your iPhone in order for the number to also display on the iPad.

Brad Semenick

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Your iPhone's phone number should automatically sync to your iPad or MacBook, if applicable. You may have to logout of iMessage on your iPad when you get your iPhone and then log back in after you've configured iMessage on your iPhone in order for the number to also display on the iPad.

Even of its just a WiFi iPad?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox