iMessage is slow to send but SMS is not

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Why when you text cretin people it takes forever for imessage to go through & other people you text, it goes through right away? If you turn imessage off, will you both be charged for the message?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Why when you text cretin people it takes forever for imessage to go through & other people you text, it goes through right away? If you turn imessage off, will you both be charged for the message?

Is that a typo or are you really texting cretin people?

But to answer your question, yes, an SMS text message will cost you either (1) a "hit" against your message count for the billing cycle, or (2) a "hit" to your cell bill for the "per message" text fee. The charge is levied on both the sender and the receiver.

jaleelhamid

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Lol! Well depends on you plan like these gentlemen were saying, if you have a text messaging plan than no charge and if you don't you get charged per text message.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Lol! Well depends on you plan like these gentlemen were saying, if you have a text messaging plan than no charge and if you don't you get charged per text message.

its a typo. who doesn't have a text plan? I have 1,000 meeages & haven't used half since imessage came out. I might as well use 'em (I have used 80 texts & I have 16 more days on my cycle)

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The network you're connected to is probably slow, which is causing iMessage to perform slowly...SMS is much simpler process, so it doesn't require such an optimized data connection (WiFi or Cellular).

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73