iMessage and Google Voice

whtwrd

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I have an iPhone 4S on Verizon.
I recently got a Google voice number and do not have the option enabled to receive the texts in my iMessage as well.
Today I received one message of many in a conversation in iMessage in both boxes. Is this a glitch? I'm worried that the other person sent the message to my GV number during our conversation and when it appeared in both places and I responded in iMessage, it confirmed that I was the owner of both numbers. Is that possible for someone to do?

Thanks!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'd like to think that the reply will be sent via the number the initial message was sent to. I have a Google Voice number also, but I use the Google Voice app with it to keep things separate.

whtwrd

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Right, I don't want the sender to know that I am the owner of the Google number, so I am not going to ask. I was wondering if they were able to do that to find out I owned both.

whtwrd

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
What I am asking, is there a way for someone else to send a text to my GV number and have it show up in both places intentionally?

dcharleyultra

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
What I am asking, is there a way for someone else to send a text to my GV number and have it show up in both places intentionally?

Not that I'm aware of. Either the message is sent to your iPhone/iMessage or an app forwards to iMessage.

Sent from my iPhone/iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

whtwrd

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, so hopefully this was just some glitch? I'm just wondering how this one message ended up both places...

Not that I'm aware of. Either the message is sent to your iPhone/iMessage or an app forwards to iMessage.

Sent from my iPhone/iPad using Tapatalk - now Free