iMessage issue...

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Seems mine frequently gets to the point pictured below and just hangs while sending and i then long press and send as text message. Anyone else notice something similar or have a solution?

8eqe5y5u.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Try going to Settings>General>Reset and then select "Reset Network Settings" to see if things improve.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Try going to Settings>General>Reset and then select "Reset Network Settings" to see if things improve.

Did that then sent another iMessage to my brother and it went straight through. Got my fingers crossed that it holds up!!

Thanks JM'D!!

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Did that then sent another iMessage to my brother and it went straight through. Got my fingers crossed that it holds up!!

Thanks JM'D!!

​You're always welcome, my friend...:)...Have a great weekend, sir.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm sad to report that it seems to have started again... 😡

:( sorry to hear this Mums. Have you tried turning off iMessage, restarting your device, and then turn iMessage back on again? Perhaps give this a shot if you haven't already and maybe it'll do the trick.....? ( crossing fingers for you)

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
:( sorry to hear this Mums. Have you tried turning off iMessage, restarting your device, and then turn iMessage back on again? Perhaps give this a shot if you haven't already and maybe it'll do the trick.....? ( crossing fingers for you)

I did the reset network settings again and it's working fine now! Hoping I don't have to constantly keep doing that!

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I did the reset network settings again and it's working fine now! Hoping I don't have to constantly keep doing that!

ok at least you've got it working again. I'll agree with you though, if you need to do the network reset everyday or every other, that will get to be cumbersome indeed !! Do you normally have a decent signal at home, and now with the update your seeing other wise? Or do you suspect that your carrier could be having a problem in the area & maybe a call to them may help pin point an issue you or they aren't aware of?

Just a couple of thoughts before resorting to restoring your device.

🎀Sent from my pink-a-licious 4S🎀

farside33

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I have noticed this happening quite frequently (on wifi or cell) on my iPhone 5 since updating. When it happens I switch over to the iPad Mini and it goes straight through without delay. It only seems to happen if I have sent a lot of pictures through out the day. A reboot or reset network settings fixes it for a while.

After some testing it seems to happen (on both phone and tablet) after sending 16 pictures one after the other (waiting for each to complete before the next is sent). When I hit the 17th it hangs. So far it has been repeatable after 3 tries (using the same images for each test).

Maybe a cache / buffer issue with iOS7 and iMessage?

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Seems mine frequently gets to the point pictured below and just hangs while sending and i then long press and send as text message. Anyone else notice something similar or have a solution?

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/29/8eqe5y5u.jpg

Yes it happens to me at times, it depends on your reception and if the contact that your sending the message too, has reception and his or her iMessage is on.
Make sure your network is on, then check your settings on messages

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Pink: This was at home on my wifi network where i've never really had any issues before updating to 7.

naviwilliams: Ya know, I don't think that I did manually restart my phone after resetting network settings because during that process it restarts on its own.

farside33: you know what...thinking back I was trying to send a pic to my wife when it happened today. but, I hadn't sent pic after pic though. I don't know that I've ever sent 16 pics in one day. :D

bustermin: Good to know I'm not crazy. Everyone I ask seems to not have experienced this.

Sekelani Zwambila: I'll be on the lookout!

Grabber5.0

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I think iMessage is just having issues. My wife and I have been having issues all day trying to send iMessages regardless of carrier or wifi.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't know what to tell you. I'm not having any iMessage issues. When I send an iMessage, it sends and the recipient(s) receives it.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I don't know what to tell you. I'm not having any iMessage issues. When I send an iMessage, it sends and the recipient(s) receives it.

Hey I'm just happy that I have a "fix" though I hope to not have to "fix" it too many more times! Haha

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

I haven't had any issues either since updating to iOS 7 but them again I installed the GM when it came out so I beat the rush :D

Sent from my iPod touch (5th generation) using Tapatalk - now Free

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro