Investigating iMessage security and privacy claims: Via iMore Blog

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
From a personal standpoint, I've always been under the impression that our data was available to government with a search warrant. I don't worry about my text messages falling into the wrong hands because they are usually nothing of significance. I am, however, aware of encryption apps, especially in regard to email, and have used them in the past, but not now because I don't currently have a need for them. In regard to the NSA, I am vehemently against what they are doing because they are not targeting specific terrorists or people of interest, but are targeting Americans as a whole and I don't care how innocent they try to make it seem. I know better.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
When I read this article before posting it I pretty much got the same feeling and response as 'D posted and I have to agree that there are more Americans being looked at and targeted for various interests that make no sense. The NSA makes themselves look like we can look the other way but if we are aware of what they are really doing we as Americans can and should see right through them.

WindingBerry

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
General rule of thumb with any software? with time anything can be reverse engineered, i.e. decrypted. I believe Apple does have more of a "backbone" than other companies when it comes to such issues in part because they are inclusively secretive. I must agree with the previous posts though. I am not under the impression anything I communicate is secure or private regardless of the way I communicate it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73