Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    603 Global Posts

Default iMessage issues -- delivering to some but not all devices

Hi all, ever since the iMessage outage last week, I've been having a serious problem. Namely that iMessages aren't all being delivered to all devices. I know this because people will show me what they've sent and it shows delivered on their device, but my iPhone shows nothing. I get some of those responses on my iPad, some on iChat on my Mac, but I don't reliably get all messages in all places at the same time.

This isn't limited to me -- it's happening to my fiance, too, who happens to have a separate Apple ID from me.

I wouldn't be as concerned if my iPad or my Mac weren't getting all the messages, but I have a big issue with not getting them on my iPhone.

Is anyone else experiencing this? You should check!!

If it's just me, I guess I'll have to work through tech support ... but I wanted to see if it was just me.

BTW, Verizon iPhone 5 running 6.1.3, Verizon iPad 2 running 6.1.3, and MacBook Pro running 10.8.3.
    ---
    Happy user of a ViP5 that *works* on America's Largest & Most Reliable Network!!

Global Posts
    23,243 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Re: iMessage issues -- delivering to some but not all devices

Mine is working properly on all of my devices. Have you tried turning OFF iMessages on all of your devices and then turning them bak on?
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    603 Global Posts

Yes I forgot to include that. I turned off iMessage on the three devices, waited about 3 hours, then turned iPhone back on, then iPad, then MacBook. I waited for activation to complete before going to the next device. It seemed to fix it for about 24 hours then problems started arising again.
    ---
    Happy user of a ViP5 that *works* on America's Largest & Most Reliable Network!!

Global Posts
    23,243 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by ericsmcdonald View Post
    Yes I forgot to include that. I turned off iMessage on the three devices, waited about 3 hours, then turned iPhone back on, then iPad, then MacBook. I waited for activation to complete before going to the next device. It seemed to fix it for about 24 hours then problems started arising again.
    Oh okay. Well, hopefully, it will iron itself out for you. I just checked the Apple System Status page and all areas are allegedly working properly.
    iPhone Nanite

My boyfriend and I are having almost the exact issue. Same iPhone 5 Verizon, etc. MacBook Pro and an iPad. All having the same issue but he's not having this issue with other people, just me. I've tried turning off iMessage, restarting my phone and everything else I can think of. Anyone else? iMessage can be great but sometimes it so frustrating!!
    iPhone Nanite

Same thing happening to me and my husband. iMessage is working just fine with other people who are on iMessage but not between my husband and my iPhones! His is a iphone4 and mine is a iphone5. Sooooooo annoying!
    iMore Beginner

I have been seeing the same thing here. My wife has not received half the messages I sent her today. Yesterday I sent out a group message to 6 iMessage users. Only 2 of the 6 received the message in the first hour. A third received it about 3 hours later and the rest not at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iPhone Nanite

Having exactly the same problem - Ive had so many iraate people over the last few days! Messages sent in the morning which I only see when I get home to see it on the Mac. What is the issue? How do I resolve it?
    iPhone Nanite

Having exact same problem here as above posters regarding iMessage between my wife's iPhone and mine.

To send messages to my wife's phone I need to text by AT&T.

Turning off iMessage on both phones fixed the issue for a few hours and now the problem is back!

I can however iMessage her iCloud email - so that's a work around if your stuck.

Apple please fix !
    iMore Intermediate

iOS Version

I had this problem few days ago but when I turned it off then on everything has become normal..
    iMore Nanite

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

Default iMessage issues -- delivering to some but not all devices

Me too! My wife and I have had problems not only with iMessage but also while trying to use Face Time, calls will only go to one particular device. I also got it to work for a few hours by turning everything off, but it's broken again.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,949 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6 and 5

No issues here both ipad and phone have same messages

Brought to you from my iPad 4 LTE routed and bouncing across the globe on multiple servers from Tapatalk !
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,352 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Since last night around 6:00pm I have not been able to send iMessages, they all convert to Text Messages, so they turn from blue to green.
    I'm in Canada with the carrier Fido which is part of the Rogers Wireless network. I've tried turning my phone off a few times but this does nothing to fix the problem.
    Any one else here with Fido having the same issue ?

Global Posts
    15,825 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.x.x

Could be Apple issue or Carrier issue.

I have recently only went to using my number across all devices and have had no problems.
    John Yester
    Moderator Team Leader, iMore.com

Global Posts
    23,243 Global Posts
    iOS Version

No issues on my end, thus far and Apple's System Status page is displaying that all systems are 'normal'.
    Thanked by:
    wendybeee (04-18-2013)
    wendybeee likes this.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,352 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I called my carrier and they said iMessage is an Apple issue and not a carrier issue and therefore unable to help me
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    iOS Version

It's Apple servers. My wife and I have had this issue for months, switched it off and no issues since.
    BlackBerry Curve 8330, Storm2 9550, Bold 9650, iPhone 4 (VZW)
    iPhone Nanite

Ok so I FINALLY got imessage working between my iPhone & Macbook Pro and between my Hubby and it has been working great for the last 2 days. What we did was First we both went on our iPhones to Settings>Messages>Send & Receive> Then tapped on Apple ID: and selected Sign Out and then turned off imessage.Then we both did the same thing on Face time on both of our iPhones. Then I went to my Macbook and signed out of both imessage and facetime on there as well. I think the key is making sure you actually sign out of your apple ID not just turning off imessage and facetime. Then we restarted our iphones by holding the power button and the home button and also shut down my mac. Once everything was back up and running we turned imessage back on on both of our phones. Then we signed back into our apple IDs within imessage, then face time. After the phones were signed in I then went to my Mac and signed into imessage first then facetime. Everything has been working great since then! Thought I would share what worked for me in hopes it might work for some of you? Good luck!
    iMore Expert

having serious issues with it the last 4 days, my wife too
    iMore Expert

I just tried deactivating imessage and I'm now stuck with the " waiting for activation "..
    iPhone Nanite

Same here. Normal sms of iMessages do not "all" appear on iMessage on a MacBook Air. Most do but not all. It just is not reliable. On that note that can be said of the whole Mountain Lion saga in my opinion, but I won't get started on that.

I have updated to all the latest software, firmware updates and started using this just a few weeks ago. I can't put my finger on why some are missing and others not. I thought iMessage on the air wouldn't receive messages when asleep, but it does, but then again not all. Anyways very annoying and actuallly I just use it now to type (send) messages. I always use my iPhone, which I hope will keep receiving at least all of the messages.

When reading through these reactions though it seems it would be better to turn the whole thing off all together, in case an sms get dropped on an iPad and not the iPhone. And now that I type this, I remember some one told me they really had sent me a message, but I did not see it anywhere.

In my opinion if Apple does not solve this and most other Mountain Lion issues it will start losing fans and users.
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    6,607 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I definitely had issues this morning.
    And the Apple Status site indicated all systems Go.

Good Luck

Apple TV
    iPhone 5S
    iPad Air Wi-Fi
    MacBook Air 13" Mid 2012 Yosemite 10.10
    Cigar Lover
    iPhone Nanite

Thank you soooo much - followed your suggestion to the letter and all resolved.
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

My girlfriend had the same trouble, but we thought that was a network issue...
    iPhone Nanite

I know this is an old thread, found it searching my issue. This issue actually started for me a while ago and has been accelerating to the point where I now do not receive imessages on my phone from three of my contacts, everyone else is working. WHAT ON EARTH.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast