iMessage For Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdntblu

May 17, 2009
www.lightmyworld.com
Does anyone know if this is real? They state that "As Seen On" all these sites including iMore but I didn't see it anywhere. And to download the app is not easy.

imessageforwindows (dot) com

Any reviews?

Last edited:

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
No there is no system to work on Windows...

iMessage is a messaging system that Apple uses with the iOS Messages app or the Messages Mac.

There is no PC version.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I would NOT trust it. There is no mention of iMessages being available for any other devices other than Apple devices running iOS 5 or later or OS X Mountain Lion or later. You can view its Wiki page HERE.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It sure would be nice for my wife to be able to use at Work without having to have a Mac.

If the both of you have smartphones and a data plan with unlimited texting then there is no real monetary benefit to using iMessage, in my personal opinion. You will still be able to text each other or send photos to each other.

mdntblu

May 17, 2009
www.lightmyworld.com
We do have this but texting from an iphone all the time gets cumbersome. I know I know I can download AIM or Y! messenger and load it on windows and the phones and do it that way. It's just convenient way of messaging without having to load extra programs. Also my kids have iPod Touches and she can message them via iMessage from a computer as well.

mdntblu

May 17, 2009
www.lightmyworld.com
she has an iPhone. But like I said above I love being able to iMessage my friends and family from my Mac. I don't get why Apple can't make a windows version. They make windows versions for iTunes.

folgrz

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I would LOVE for iMessage to become available for windows. Unfortunately I don't ever see that happening :(

Timhewitt

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
If Apple opens up the iMessage API as they originally planned, you will see a Windows client.

The problem, as I understand it, is limiting SPAM with an open API.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal