- iPhone Nanite
- 1 Posts
When exactly do iMessages show as "Read"?
Hey everyone! I like using the "Read" receipts most of the time - but occasionally I'll get a text, notice it on the screen, and want to reply at a later time. The messages app still has a "1" next to it because I haven't opened it directly - but my question is, does that still show up as "Read", or does it wait until I open up the app to confirm that I have indeed read the message?
- 04-01-2013, 03:52 AM #2
- 04-01-2013, 09:31 PM #3
- 04-01-2013, 09:34 PM #4
Re: When exactly do iMessages show as "Read"?
As soon as you open the conversation in the Messages app, it shows as read.
You can open up Notification Center and see the message without it showing as read. You can also open up Messages, and if it opens up to the contacts view instead of the individual conversation, it won't show as read.
Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5
- By reyxlp in forum iMessageReplies: 2Last Post: 12-14-2011, 11:55 AM
- By iAppE in forum iPhone Apps & GamesReplies: 0Last Post: 05-20-2011, 01:04 PM
- By ivantwilliams in forum iPhone 4Replies: 2Last Post: 01-22-2010, 08:22 PM
- By jakekey7338 in forum iPhone 4Replies: 2Last Post: 09-24-2009, 06:41 PM
- By Captain Chunk#IM in forum iPhone 4Replies: 6Last Post: 06-15-2009, 08:04 AM