How do you deal with notifications on multiple devices??

billsavage042

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
I made this quick tutorial to show you guys how I deal with notifications on my ipad, imac, macbook, and iphone.

HOWEVER..I feel like I might be missing something, is notification center suposed to sync up?? Is there a better way to do this? Please, PLEASE tell me if there is, because one of the most annoying things about using all these apple devices is the fact that notifications are all over the place.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Nope, no NC sync. I have mine set up so the majority of my stuff comes In on iPhone, and the iPad specific stuff comes In there. For example, I get my email, imessage, and most other notifications on my phone. But on my iPad i'll get magazine subscription updates, Some game notifications, and thats about it. That's the best way I've found for me. Send the notifications to where you'll be most of the time, but still have the apps both places in case you want to view content on one or the other.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

billsavage042

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
I dont understand how apple doesnt have a better solution for this. The people at apple HAVE to be using multiple apple devices. This doesnt bother them as much as it bothers me?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I dont understand how apple doesnt have a better solution for this. The people at apple HAVE to be using multiple apple devices. This doesnt bother them as much as it bothers me?

Nope. I don't see this as a problem whatsoever and never did.

billsavage042

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
its annoying when i clear notifications on my iphone, then go to my desktop and see all the same notifications still in notification center.

It's also annoying when I get a facetime call and it rings on my imac, ipad and iphone all at the same time. I know you can turn it off, but then whats the point.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
its annoying when i clear notifications on my iphone, then go to my desktop and see all the same notifications still in notification center.

It's also annoying when I get a facetime call and it rings on my imac, ipad and iphone all at the same time. I know you can turn it off, but then whats the point.

I understand, but the same "what's the point" can be asked in return. You know that if you have your devices configured exactly the same and on at the same time, you will receive notifications on those devices. We can either deal with it or alter the notification settings on the devices. I mean, really, what's the point in being annoyed while also refusing to take steps to prevent the annoyance or complaining about having to take steps to prevent the annoyance? Know what I mean?

Alex King-Harris

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
The best way I've found is to setup notifications on different devices depending on the service.

For example:

iPhone - texts, calls, skype, etc - phone type stuff - all other devices I turn these off... that doesn't mean I can't respond to a text using my iPad, but when my phone alerts me to a new text my laptop and iPad don't

iPad - news apps, magazines, zendesk, asana, intercom (apps I use for customer service cause I hate responding to tickets on my phone)

macbook pro - everything else - chrome, safari, facetime, skype, etc.

That way only one device alerts me, the device I most commonly use to interact with a piece of software. Problem solved...

LDS_Calame

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
I'm with you! This is an android problem too!

Another real world scenario only parents would understand...

I've given my child access to one of my old phones. Its convenient to have Facebook on there because they can scroll through family pictures, but having my notifications pop on their is not appropriate. Same is true for Twitter and many other apps.

We need the ability to turn off notifications for particular devices. It's also very annoying to have 3 devices in the same room ring for the same exact thing. Uncalled for. Please don't see this as, "Nope, doesn't bother me". That helps nobody but yourself people.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR