What features does imessage need? Next iOS update.

ovalfastlx

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
What features does imessage need? or lack? I think is a great idea, not giving your phone number for texting, kinda like BBM.:rolleyes:

I think it needs:

ability to block numbers or email ID's

opt out or silence conversations that you were added to by a friend

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I would like an expanded ability to see who you have as iMessage contacts. I would also really like the ability to open the messages application and be taken directly to the list of contacts instead of directly into reading the latest message each time.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
Before they add new features how about getting it to work seamlessly across all Devices- iPhone, iPad & MackBook Air. ( MBA especially)

Contact photos to appear on iMessages on iPhone & iPad.

Good Luck

ovalfastlx

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
It be nice to see apple's version of quick reply. Right now iMessage, or the messages app to be exact, is really basic to say the least.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
It be nice to see apple's version of quick reply. Right now iMessage, or the messages app to be exact, is really basic to say the least.

I agree completely on the basic comment. It seems Apple has gone about innovation in a large number of mobile apps, but chose to leave a few unrefined. Messages, contacts, calendar, and email are all apps Apple has chosen not to innovate. I'm hoping with iOS 7 that they will focus more on those core phone apps.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

billsavage042

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
iMessage needs a way to leave a group message. I hate when my friends add me to a group message I dont want to be a part of, and I get notifications all day because they are talking about something stupid.

It also needs a quick reply option, I shouldnt have to go into the messages app everytime just to reply.

I would also like to see a "Tap to message" widget in notification center, like they have with facebook and twitter.

ovalfastlx

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
iMessage needs a way to leave a group message. I hate when my friends add me to a group message I dont want to be a part of, and I get notifications all day because they are talking about something stupid.

It also needs a quick reply option, I shouldnt have to go into the messages app everytime just to reply.

I would also like to see a "Tap to message" widget in notification center, like they have with facebook and twitter.

Apple has to take notice of apps like Bitesms, that have some features the stock messages app don't.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77