Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    798 Global Posts

Default iTouch 5 and iMessage

I got my granddaughter a new iTouch 5 for Christmas. I set it up for her with her apple ID and such and we were able to message back and forth for a while. A few hours later when she tries to iMessage me and picks me from her contact list and chooses iPhone and types a message the blue "send" button doesn't light up for her to press it. Does iMessage loose connection at times or servers go down or some other form of trouble and it may become active again later without her doing anything or do I need to have her bring it to me and do something else?
    iMore Intermediate

Default iTouch 5 and iMessage

If the touch is connected to wifi then I don't see why it wouldn't send iMessages. Ask her to go to settings and make sure iMessage is turned on and that it's set up to send/receive iMessages through email.

iTouch 5 and iMessage-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1356499983.796395.jpg

Global Posts
    17,222 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Re: iTouch 5 and iMessage

Quote Originally Posted by dfb8085 View Post
    I got my granddaughter a new iTouch 5 for Christmas. I set it up for her with her apple ID and such and we were able to message back and forth for a while. A few hours later when she tries to iMessage me and picks me from her contact list and chooses iPhone and types a message the blue "send" button doesn't light up for her to press it. Does iMessage loose connection at times or servers go down or some other form of trouble and it may become active again later without her doing anything or do I need to have her bring it to me and do something else?
    If you were able to iMessage with her earlier then I wouldn't worry about it. With a lot of people getting iPhones, iPods, iPads & Macs for Christmas and signing up for iCloud etcetera, I wouldn't be surprised if Apple servers were experiencing an overloaded that affected iMessage for a while in certain areas. Of course, I have no proof of that happening. Are you able to iMessage her today?