Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default iMessage sent from question

Is there a way to choose which account I want to send an iMessage from. In my settings for IMessage I have start new convo from my number but say I want to send an iMessage and I don't want them to have that number n want it to be sent from my email iMessage account so 1. Do I change where I send messages from in those settings until I send it and then go back and change that setting ? 2. Once I do go back and change it and then go back to that message and respond whenever they write back is it going to change the message to show my info that I just changed it back to ??

Slightly confusing but I hope some one was able to follow what I am saying/ asking.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Verizon Black & Slate iPhone 5 64GB using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    19,520 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Settings-Messages-Send & Receive-Start New Conversation From
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I know that much but that isn't my question.

Global Posts
    19,520 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by anygivensunday View Post
    Is there a way to choose which account I want to send an iMessage from.
    Account? Not that I'm aware of. Different Apple IDs associated with an account? Yes.
    In my settings for IMessage I have start new convo from my number but say I want to send an iMessage and I don't want them to have that number n want it to be sent from my email iMessage account so 1. Do I change where I send messages from in those settings until I send it and then go back and change that setting ?
    That would be my assumption
    2. Once I do go back and change it and then go back to that message and respond whenever they write back is it going to change the message to show my info that I just changed it back to ??
    I would think that it would maintain the status quo.

Slightly confusing but I hope some one was able to follow what I am saying/ asking.

Thanks in advance.

Hopefully, I was helpful. Enjoy the rest of your day.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,878 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

well only your ☎ has a number. So if you send from your iPad or Mac(don't know if you have one). Wouldn't that achieve what you're trying to do?
    can't upgrade via iTunes check this thread http://forum.tipb.com/jailbreak-unlo...ml#post1717460
    ~32GB Space Grey iPhone 5s(Audi)~32GB Space Grey rMini ~ 15" i7 SSD 16GB rMBP(Omega) on Mavericks~
    iPheuria aka The Jailbr3ak kid (soon to be retired)

Global Posts
    5,627 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6.1.3

Quote Originally Posted by Ipheuria View Post
    well only your ☎ has a number. So if you send from your iPad or Mac(don't know if you have one). Wouldn't that achieve what you're trying to do?
    With iOS 6 and Mountain Lion on OSX, you can actually have your Caller ID for iMessages be your phone number even on the Mac or iPad.
  7. Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Ok I think I successfully confused every one by what I meant. Going to try and explain a different way. I have iMessage set up to be able to send and receive with like 5 different accounts 2 is my 2 cellphone numbers 1 apple ID and 2 regular emails. (Why I have this many. Idk) anyway. So say I want to send a message to D from one of my regular emails. I don't want him to have either of my numbers or my apple ID and then say I want to send messages to my lady from my apple ID so she can reach me on either phone. Then say I wana hit sum one else up but I want them to see I'm talking to them from my cell number. How do I accomplish this without all them seeing the form of communication I don't want them to see like my number or apple ID I guess my question is after I send out a message and then I go in an change where I'm starting a new message from once I change that and go back to an old message where I started the convo from a different account will they now see what I changed my start new message method ? Even though I changed it after I started that message. Whew! Hope u all can get through that. And thanks for the input so far.

Banned

Default Re: iMessage sent from question

Quote Originally Posted by anygivensunday View Post
    Ok I think I successfully confused every one by what I meant. Going to try and explain a different way. I have iMessage set up to be able to send and receive with like 5 different accounts 2 is my 2 cellphone numbers 1 apple ID and 2 regular emails. (Why I have this many. Idk) anyway. So say I want to send a message to D from one of my regular emails. I don't want him to have either of my numbers or my apple ID and then say I want to send messages to my lady from my apple ID so she can reach me on either phone. Then say I wana hit sum one else up but I want them to see I'm talking to them from my cell number. How do I accomplish this without all them seeing the form of communication I don't want them to see like my number or apple ID I guess my question is after I send out a message and then I go in an change where I'm starting a new message from once I change that and go back to an old message where I started the convo from a different account will they now see what I changed my start new message method ? Even though I changed it after I started that message. Whew! Hope u all can get through that. And thanks for the input so far.

Changing Settings-Messages-Send & Receive-Start New Conversation From as JustMe'D would work for that. Send a text to with , she will respond to . Now you text with you phone #, Sam responds to your phone number and has no idea that you also can text from .

Check out this helpful tutorial on setting up iMessages if you like: