- iPhone Nanite
- 1 Posts
Help me set up my family's iMessage
My family of 5 has many apple devices. We have 4 iPhones, 1 iPad, 1 mac and 1 iPod. We all share the itunes account and iCloud. As things have updated and my kids have become more active using messaging, our messaging system has really become messed up! Right now when we text each other, the messaging goes to everyone! When I send a text to my husband, it doesn't show that he receives it but it looks like he was the one that sent it. How do I change everyones settings so that this doesn't happen? Everywhere I look this up at, all I see is "How to link all your systems". I don't want all the devices linked! I know this sounds like a stupid question but being a very busy mom, I can't keep up with the changes in technology! Please help!
- 09-27-2012, 12:47 PM #2
- 09-27-2012, 02:38 PM #3
Re: Help me set up my family's iMessage
Have everyone set up a separate iCloud account - no reason to share that, it can only create the kind of problems you've described.
Make sure in iMessage settings that each person has a different email address and/or phone number attached.
- By BreakingKayfabe in forum iMessageReplies: 37Last Post: 08-23-2012, 06:56 AM
- By cardfan in forum iOS 5Replies: 2Last Post: 10-11-2011, 11:12 AM
- By scientist88 in forum iCloudReplies: 5Last Post: 10-10-2011, 06:28 PM
- By simplylaurakb in forum iPhone 4SReplies: 6Last Post: 10-07-2011, 08:13 AM
- By tuanlt in forum iPhone Apps & GamesReplies: 11Last Post: 08-19-2011, 05:53 PM