Imessage sucks

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
When I try to explain later on why I'm either ignoring her or forgot to do what she asked, I have trouble claiming that I didn't receive the text because it said "delivered"on her phone.

It's not worth the friction it causes in my situation. I've turned it off and still use the carrier now. It, on the other hand, is very reliable - though not free. Sometimes you do get what you pay for...

Tell her I have the same problem. Maybe that'll give you some credit. :) I keep iMessage turned off for the most part, especially after it taking almost 8 hours to deliver a 5 word message.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I do think Apple needs to decrease the timeout on iMessage. If it doesn't go in 15 seconds, send it as a text. It currently takes several minutes for it to timeout.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I must be one of the lucky ones in regard to iMessage because I rarely have a problem with it. It works as it should 98% of the time for me. My wife, daughter, certain relatives and friends all have iPhones and we iMessage each other pretty much without a problem.

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

Last edited:

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I do think Apple needs to decrease the timeout on iMessage. If it doesn't go in 15 seconds, send it as a text. It currently takes several minutes for it to timeout.

:)i agree with this as well ghostface, but (see below).....

Or in my case, never.

i'm in the same boat as you sometimes, Laura. Its not very often it happens - my imessage does work majority(99%) of the time, but there are times i go to send one, close out - and realize after 15mins or so i havent recd a response-because i dont pay too much attention to my phone sometimes i dont hear it go off, so when i open the msg app i then discover the "!" message send failure thing. Thats when i get annoyed, tap on it and 'send as text msg'

aaaaand there are a very rare few that i've imessaged, it says delivered, and never really was:mad:

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
i'm in the same boat as you sometimes, Laura. Its not very often it happens - my imessage does work majority(99%) of the time, but there are times i go to send one, close out - and realize after 15mins or so i havent recd a response-because i dont pay too much attention to my phone sometimes i dont hear it go off, so when i open the msg app i then discover the "!" message send failure thing. Thats when i get annoyed, tap on it and 'send as text msg'

aaaaand there are a very rare few that i've imessaged, it says delivered, and never really was:mad:

Mine was to a friend that I text daily. I was working with my horse in the round pen and not really paying attention then got busy and by the time I realized I hadn't heard back from her, I checked my iPhone and the iMessage was still trying to send. Full 5 bar 3G signal and my data worked, but iMessage didn't It's been spotty and works for the most part, but for me at least, SMS/MMS has been more reliable, especially in some situations.

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
BBM? That program is great but it's on the worst phones in the world. The only thing RIM has left.

And it only works if other people you know have BBs which in my case is one person. When I got my first BB I had about 30 BBM contacts. When I left, I had three. Two have since moved on to Android.

At least with iMessage, iOS knows whether the other person that you're texting has an iPhone or not. If not, it goes through as a text. If so, it's an iMessage. Can't say that for BBM.

adm3rd

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
What is it about Apple lovers that they can never admit that Apple isn't perfect and find it necessary to call those who live in the real world trolls when you don't like what they say??? I have an iPhone and know how to use it more so than the average person and I'm here to tell you iMessage is a huge flop and is extremely buggy!!! I wonder if those who don't experience problems even use it on a large scale? I have used it to try and keep in touch with relatives on the east cost who have iDevices and it is worthless!
It does what it was intended to do without problems. What more do you want?

I smell troll.

nj1266

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I think you are over reacting. Most of the time imessage works well. Sometimes it does not. It can happen, the servers can fail at Apple. Stuff like that happens with technology. I know the frustration when imessage fails, but you are over reacting. Just turn it off during the times that it does not work and go with regular texts. That is what I do.

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
I know my iPhone very well and I think iMessage sucks beyond belief!!!
then turn iMessage off.. BBm relies on their servers to work, and if(it does/did) go down then BBm will not work... why not rely on email or a friggin text or better yet pick up a pen and paper and write a darn letter... oh wait... there is a thing called a PHONE.. effin techie cry babies these days

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
People are upset because iMessage was used as a big selling point, and now it often doesn't work. Why wouldn't they be upset??

Don't sell me a car with A/C and then tell me to roll down the window.

nj1266

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
People are upset because iMessage was used as a big selling point, and now it often doesn't work. Why wouldn't they be upset??

Don't sell me a car with A/C and then tell me to roll down the window.

You are exaggerating again. It works a large majority of the time. A very few times it does fail. When it does it falls back to regular text. Sometimes it gives an error message. It happens. Technology is not perfect.

The AC can stop working on your car and you will have to fix it. It will run out of r134a and you will have to refill it. Stuff like that happens.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
And let's not forget the fact that if you're sending a message to your Android buddy, you're not using iMessage - you're using SMS, just like on any other phone. And more often it's the carrier having issues.

lytefall

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I find my iMessage goes in spurts of functioning great to functioning at 50%. By that I mean I will have days once in a while where half of my iMessage messages get sent by text instead, even with full service or wifi. That or certain people it sends to fine and other iPhone users it won't send to using iMessage even when they have service and its turned on (usually my wife....of course).

That being said its a very transient issue and I would never give up my iPhone because of it. I left BB about 18 months ago because there were weeks on end where BBM was useless. RIM has issues getting their s*%t together. All in all iMessage has been much more reliable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2