Can't view pics in iMessage

Ziltoid

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Hi all.

Has anyone ran into this and knows a possible fix? If I receive or send a pic in iMessage, I cannot view it when I click on the pic. I just get a black screen. I am jailbroken. Thanks!

reginald_1986

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
It could be caused of the JB? Try restore and send iMessage. See if you can view in non JB state. After that try do that in JB state.

Hope this works for you

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Hi all.

Has anyone ran into this and knows a possible fix? If I receive or send a pic in iMessage, I cannot view it when I click on the pic. I just get a black screen. I am jailbroken. Thanks!

Maybe move this thread to the jailbroken section...
Also are yoh using stock messaging application? Or bite? Or intelliscreenx?

Ziltoid

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
It could be caused of the JB? Try restore and send iMessage. See if you can view in non JB state. After that try do that in JB state.

Hope this works for you

Forgot to answer your question. It was working fine after jailbreak. I am not sure if maybe there was an update to an app that caused this. I was thinking of restoring. Might try it this weekend.

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
I know I've seen a few different threads (on here and probably on other sites) where messaging was broken following an update to a JB app. I don't have any specific threads handy, but you might seeing if you can find them in the JB forum here or on other sites. Or maybe try uninstalling your JB apps one at a time until the problem is fixed (which if you are going to restore anyway, might not be too big of a hassle). I think I saw one referencing a lock screen utility one time, but I don't know if it was in regards to a messaging issue or some other stock function.

Reactions: Ziltoid

CashV

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
It was definitely an update because I now have the same problem (my phone has been JB since I got it in August and I never had this issue). I just don't remember which app updated or else I'd delete it immediately. I've been hesitant w/restoring because I don't want to have to reinstall everything, so I'd be interested to know how it works out for you. Thanks

Reactions: Ziltoid

Ziltoid

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. lol! I actually went and uninstalled just about everything Cydia related except for PhotoAlbum+ which I purchased. Either way, it doesnt make a difference now because I wiped the phone and upgraded to 5.1. It kind of sucks not having my JB apps but my battery is much better. 5.1 JB cant come sooner now! lol

3under2

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
The same thing was happening to me a couple of weeks ago on Bitesms. I deleted photoalbums+ and bingo, no problem. I just keep checking for an update so I can reinstall it.

Sent from my jailbroken and heavily tweaked iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

3under2

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I just reinstalled pa+ from the beta repo and it appears to be fixed now :). Happy Dance!

Sent from my jailbroken and heavily tweaked iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox