Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Twitter & BBM - How about iMessage?

Interesting article today on the Verge. BBM integration with Twitter will be a boon for the Crackberry world.

Would it be interesting to you for Twitter to integrate with iMessage? Especially if you could segregate tweets from traditional iMessage "texts" to other iOS 5 users? Sounds interesting.
    --
    iPhone 5s Space Gray 64GB (AT&T), iPad mini Retina LTE 128GB (AT&T), MacBook Air 13" (Mid-2011), Apple TV (2d & 3d generations)
    iPhone Pro

Global Posts
    693 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I think I'd have to try it before I say whether it's a great feature or not. But I'd definitely like to see Apple put a feature like that in iOS 6 with the twitter integration.
    iPhone 4S ~ 32GB ~ Verizon
    Twitter
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    iOS Version

From reading the article, it seems that the BBM integration has to do with setting your BBM status to what you last tweeted and accessing buddies Twiter accounts directly from their BBM account. BBM is more of a social app while iMessage is just a another form of communication, like SMS 2.0. Apple would need to enhance iMessage's features to allow this type of integration. *cough* iChat *cough*
    Getwitchya.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    7,078 Global Posts

The integration is kinda nice actually after having used it myself and I think it would be good to see some of the features on iOS as well.

One feature is to update your BBM status, of course that is useless on iOS currently.

The other great thing is you can click a tweet and share it right with a contact, it sends them the tweet in a message, or you can send them a link. Makes it super easy and fast. I believe on most iOS twitter clients you can share via email, but not iMessage (though could be 100% wrong on that)