iMessage splitting text messages up

VampyreKei

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure what cause the problem, but my iMessage is splitting up my SMS messages up into 60 characters to send out. It just started doing this today. I know it's doing it because 1) My friend told me she got one message broken up into many small message and 2) I have the sound turned on for when a message is sent out, and it plays it multiple times for one message. I've restarted the phone but don't know what to do.

I'm using a Sprint iPhone4, not jailbroken. iOS 5.1

I've never had this problem before, it just started and its really irking me!

SoloStyle

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I'm wondering if you've figured out what the problem is. I'm having a very similar issue, but with SMS. My text messages UNDER 160 characters are being split up into 2 different messages. I can also hear the message sound being played twice. Have you been able to resolve this?

I have Sprint by the way.

Thanks!

ShelbySunshine

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Ugh mine too!

Mine is doing that too! It's pissing me off. The recievers are getting the messages in parts too and usually don't ever get the whole thing! iPhone 4, Sprint, iOS 5.1 - Started doing it after I updated to 5.1...
It's screwing everything up! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

cctpitts01

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
The reason why you guys are getting this is due to a limitation in network capabilities with Sprint and Verizon using a CDMA network it only allows text to go out and be received in 60 characters or less anything over gets split into another message. I have not seen this happen with iMessage yet seeing that I have a Sprint iPhone 4s only the text do this. iMessage sends the message over data so in that instance the message is not broken up only when using it over a cellular network or sending it to someone that does not have a iPhone.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?afqlim
Sent from "Damn I forgot I have to many phones to keep track of"

ashlee.browe

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Possible Solution!!!

I pray this helps since it took me 14 hours (not an exaggeration) between the stores Apple twice, Sprint three times, and on the phone with Sprint and Apple. The two stores kept throwing the issue at each other and making me travel back and forth with an 11month old! Anyway the tech on the phone had me go to settings then go to General. Scroll down to reset and then choose erase all content and settings. Once the iphone is reset choose English and press next at the top right corner, choose U.S. and press next. Enable location services press next. Connect to Itunes then plug iphone to computer while Itunes is open. Follow direction on computer screen..make sure to restore from itunes backup and activate iphone. My phone went back to its original settings and it ran faster and the glitch seemed to go away... FOR NOW! If it comes back I will post a complaint but if you don't hear from me I am happily texting away on my phone! Hope this helps.

P.S. The Sprint service technician did mention that he believes that this is a 5.1 software issue since this is a problem between Sprint, Verizon, and AT&T.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal