iMessage MMS Problem (iOS 5/Wi-Fi)

iNipponRyan97

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
OK, here's my problem. When I use iMessage to send MMS, and I send it. It'll say Delivered, but the recipient will never receive it. I've tried it with all of my friends, but they never receive my photos or videos. They have iOS 5, on a 4S and an iPod touch 4G. I've tried resetting network settings and even all settings, and changing my DNS to 8.8.8.8, but nothing works for me. I changed both DNS to 8.8.8.8, 8.8.8.8. And still nothing. I need this fixed, since this is a feature I use. I can receive images, but I can't send them because they won't be received. What is the problem. I have a Verizon iPhone, not unlocked. Help would be really appreciated!

EDIT: The fix can't be to restore. I won't have a computer until the 5th, so I need a fix besides restoring. Thank you!

Last edited:

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Try associating your iMessage with your email address and not your phone number, if you haven't already. Then do the same with your friends; send a new message and choose to send it to their email address.

Arelunde

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Just a thought - photos and, especially, videos are not MMS friendly because they are large attachments. If you MMS more than one photo and most vids, they will die in cyberspace. If you can use iMessage for text only without issues, I think this would be your problem. Send photos and videos via email ... But be aware there is a 50 MB limit even for emails.

SMS/MMS stands for SHORT message or media message.

iNipponRyan97

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Just a thought - photos and, especially, videos are not MMS friendly because they are large attachments. If you MMS more than one photo and most vids, they will die in cyberspace. If you can use iMessage for text only without issues, I think this would be your problem. Send photos and videos via email ... But be aware there is a 50 MB limit even for emails.

SMS/MMS stands for SHORT message or media message.

That's not the problem. I was able to share 5 minute videos before and my photos are only 10MB. I have seen others who have this problem and I have seen no fix.

krs7272#AC

Feb 20, 2010
Visit site
I also had this issue last month did multiple restorers etc to no avail. Believe it or not what worked was having the people that were not receiving pictures to hard reset their phones. I now can send pix with no issues.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Bigwilly775

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
OK, here's my problem. When I use iMessage to send MMS, and I send it. It'll say Delivered, but the recipient will never receive it. I've tried it with all of my friends, but they never receive my photos or videos. They have iOS 5, on a 4S and an iPod touch 4G. I've tried resetting network settings and even all settings, and changing my DNS to 8.8.8.8, but nothing works for me. I changed both DNS to 8.8.8.8, 8.8.8.8. And still nothing. I need this fixed, since this is a feature I use. I can receive images, but I can't send them because they won't be received. What is the problem. I have a Verizon iPhone, not unlocked. Help would be really appreciated!

EDIT: The fix can't be to restore. I won't have a computer until the 5th, so I need a fix besides restoring. Thank you!
Ive had this issue too and i cant fix it, is it possible that jailbreaking an iphone causes this issue?