iMessage Delaying

Ziltoid

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone.

Im having a weird issue that started last night and all day today with iMessage. When I send a message, it says "Delaying" on top and then it sends. It also gives you the chance to cancel, where the send button is. Ive never seen this before. I used to be able to just hit send and go back to my homescreen but I cant unless I actually wait until the message sends. If I hit send and click home, it will not go through. Anyone had this issue or know how to fix it?

Ive rebooted, turned off the phone, turned off cell network. Turned on and off iMessage. I have no idea whats going on.

Thanks!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't have that problem with iMessage, however, I'm starting to believe that there are new issues with iCloud. Sending mail from my iPhone has been taking longer than usual when sending from my iCloud account.

Just Me, D
Tapatalk (iPhone 4S)

Last edited:

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
If all those things didn't work than it's likely something on Apple's end with the servers. I've not seen it ever say delayed. I have had messages not send, attempt to send for a long time and then switch to an SMS, and messages seemingly get "lost" for varying lengths of time and then get delivered.

Personally I am not very confident in iMessage at this time. Hopefully it improves. I will say it seems to be most reliable when it is using an email address as the ID and not a phone number.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
Ah, well, maybe it is carrier related. I've been chatting with my Missus (AT&T, Atlanta) and my friend in Canada (not sure of her carrier), virtually all day, and it is working fine...

Hmm, what about as a test you try it over WIFI only, and see how it acts?

Lastly, close ALL conversations you have open, and then start a new one and see what gives...

Daveed84

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
I believe this is caused by xMessages (in your settings), as there was an update recently for it in Cydia.

Go to Settings, xMessages, then toggle "Delay" to "Off".

Not sure why they made it On by default.

Reactions: Todd M

Ziltoid

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Ah, well, maybe it is carrier related. I've been chatting with my Missus (AT&T, Atlanta) and my friend in Canada (not sure of her carrier), virtually all day, and it is working fine...

Hmm, what about as a test you try it over WIFI only, and see how it acts?

Lastly, close ALL conversations you have open, and then start a new one and see what gives...

Ill try the Wifi option when I get home and report back. Ill also delete all the messages after that. Thanks.

Ziltoid

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
I believe this is caused by xMessages (in your settings), as there was an update recently for it in Cydia.

Go to Settings, xMessages, then toggle "Delay" to "Off".

Not sure why they made it On by default.

Boom! That was it. Very nice. Thanks a lot. Totally forgot about that update

Todd M

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
I was having the same problem and couldn't figure out why it happened. It was the xMessage app as described by Daveed84. Thanks!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro