iMessage - hit or miss today...some going as texts??

dictoresno

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
it appears that since this morning, one of my contacts im talking to keeps getting my messages as texts. its hit or miss, some go as an imessage eventually, but most are texts. her messages to me are all imessages though and when i send messages to others, they seem to work normal. is this an issue with my phone or theirs?? is there any way to figure it out? both phones have been rebooted and being on wifi or 3G doesnt make a difference either.

with my blackberry, a reboot or resending the service books usually fixed the messaging over data issue, but im clueless on what could "fix" imessaging. anyone else having issues today??

vietalogy

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Try using her email instead of cell number. Also try setting it to DO NOT send as text if it can't go through as iMessage in message settings.

Via Tapatalk

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
You could also try shutting iMessage off and then turn it back on to see if that clears the hiccup.
I had the same issue your seeing here and there & I just got to a point where i turned my iMessage off altogether.

dictoresno

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
well her outgoing messages are imessages but incoming are texts. it appears to also happen when others send her messages as well, im beginning to think its her wifi network thats the issue, not our phones.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i has been experiencing this myself. OP, or anyone, have you found a fix for this?

i might have narrowed it down to a network issue

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
i has been experiencing this myself. OP, or anyone, have you found a fix for this?

i might have narrowed it down to a network issue

i've completely shut mine off a few wks ago, but if you suspect a network issue, have you tried re-setting your network settings to see if that may help you?:)

I also don't recall if your at&t or vzw, but if your vzw--maybe do a *228 with opt.2 just to update roaming capabilities.

Reactions: BLiNK

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
:) great, hopefully the restore did resolve it for you BLiNK. Keep us updated on your progress.

I'm curious tho, when you restored as new, did you use your back up?

for the last couple of weeks i had been using a "clean" backup (free of jailbreak info) but this last time i Restored as New no backup. AND just for the record the problem still persists. i've been stock all weekend just for fun and it's still behaving the same way as before

i have shut off iMessage for now and will check from time to time in hopes that it is a network issue

Reactions: ThePinkChameleon

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
I hate when I send an iMessage and it doesn't go through and sends as an SMS for international messages...

I just turned off the 'send as SMS' option.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
for the last couple of weeks i had been using a "clean" backup (free of jailbreak info) but this last time i Restored as New no backup. AND just for the record the problem still persists. i've been stock all weekend just for fun and it's still behaving the same way as before

i have shut off iMessage for now and will check from time to time in hopes that it is a network issue

Ahhhhhh...ok. Sorry to hear the issue still persists. I was hoping you'd have a good report because then I would've tried mine out with a restore as well. But being you had no luck I'm not gonna bother. Thanks for then update also. at least you also know it wasn't a JB issue either.

I will eventually try what you've mentioned also- turn it back on in the near future and see how it behaves again. If it eff's up again when I do decide to, il just shut the sucker off again.