Do you have your iMessage read receipts set to on or off?

iMessage read receipts set to on or off?

• On

Votes: 22 39.3%
  • Off

Votes: 34 60.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Mods, forgive me if there is already a thread on this. If there is, just delete this.

Do you have your iMessage read receipts set to on or off? What's your reason?

I have mine set to off. I never really liked people having the ability to know that I've actually opened the
message. I hated it on BBM and am glad that this feature can actually be controlled on iMessage.

applefanboi

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Default is set to "off." I turned mine on, I find it useful most of the time, though sometimes it does irk me, like if I am busy and just slide to unlock and it opens the text,.. I may not have time to respond then and whomever thinks I've taken the time out to read it.

fury

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Off. And I wish I could turn off delivery, too. I don't like people knowing when my phone is on and when I'm reading their messages, because then they start sending me follow-up messages like "fury fury fury I know you're reading this, why aren't you replying?"

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I leave mine on. There are certain people who I want to make sure they get my messages so I don't mind returning the favor. If it's someone I don't want to know if I read their message, I just ignore the message until a later time. Simple.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Mine is set to off, but it's really not an issue for me because when I get a text message, I usually read it immediately unless I'm doing something to where I can't and I don't mind if people know when I actually read their messages.

Just Me, D

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
ON. wife may message me while I am at work or vice versa. With receipts on, we know why we haven't replied is due to being busy or a meeting. If they are not worth letting them know I read it then they are not worth being my iMessage friend.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
Mine is on but useless because all of my friends have it turn off. I really don't think they know that feature is available.

I'm gonna send them all an email and let them know about it.
If they don't turn it on then, I'll turn my off.

Good Luck

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
On. Doesn't bother me any. And if I am ignoring someone, I like that they can see it. :)

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I left it off, theres people who I want to ignore for as long as I can.

Off. And I wish I could turn off delivery, too. I don't like people knowing when my phone is on and when I'm reading their messages, because then they start sending me follow-up messages like "fury fury fury I know you're reading this, why aren't you replying?"

Both of these are the reasons mine is off. I don't need a dozen more messages wanting to know where I am or why I'm ignoring them. Worst thing ever was the buzz option on BBM. I had both of those set to where it wouldn't vibrate.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner