Pictures and iMessage problems

swooshme

Sep 1, 2009
Visit site
If I send a picture as an iMessage it shows delivered, but the person on the other end never actually receives it. If I turn OFF iMessage on my phone and send the same picture message as a regular text message (green button instead of blue). They get the picture message fine. Regular iMessage with text only work fine.

Anybody have any idea on how to fix this. i've tried restarting the phone multiple times. About to try reseting network settings, but I doubt that will fix it. Any other ideas?

Forgot to put details. iPhone 4S, iOS 5.0.1, jailbroken.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Reseting network settings will not fix that. I honestly don't have an answer for you though. Have you asked the other users to try to send you an image with iMessage?

swooshme

Sep 1, 2009
Visit site
I had already tried reseting networks settings and it did not fix it. I also tried turning off iMessage and then back on. I can receive images sent via iMessage and text message fine.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I had already tried reseting networks settings and it did not fix it. I also tried turning off iMessage and then back on. I can receive images sent via iMessage and text message fine.

Like I said, that wouldn't fix the issue. ;) If you can get them from others, I'm not sure what the issue is. Hopefully someone else has a solution for you. If it is that important to you you can always try a restore to new iPhone and not from a backup. 99% positive that would clear up the issue.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Copic that was causing the problem. I turned off iMessage, Uninstalled Copic from cydia, hard reboot, turned imessage back on. Works fine now. Must have happened after I updated Copic from 2.02 to 2.03. But I've also read that sometime Anyring and Apps that use Erica Utilities also cause this problem.

Found the answer in this thread
Untethered Jailbreak 5.0.1 iMessage send Pics don't work. - MacRumors Forums

Ah, well... if I would of known you were jailbroken. Glad you got it sorted out.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR