Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 17 of 17
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Timhewitt
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    Bugeyeblue's Avatar
    iPhone Intermediate

    Posts
    163 Posts
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts

    Default Why doesn't iMessage EVER deliver to my iPad?

    Anyone have any suggestions? I use a Verizon iPhone 4 and an iPad 2 wifi only version. My iMessages always show up fine on my iPhone, but basically never show up on my iPad. Once in a while one will make it through and show up, but usually not.
  2. #2  
    Timhewitt's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    560 Posts

    Default

    Make sure the caller ID in the iMessage settings is set to the same email address on both your iPhone and iPad, and that messages are sent to this address and not your phone number.
    flytech likes this.
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    Bugeyeblue's Avatar
    iPhone Intermediate

    Posts
    163 Posts
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts

    Default

    Thanks. The settings you described are already set up the way you suggest. Any other ideas?
  4. #4  
    Cleveland's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,332 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,958 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    8.0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bugeyeblue View Post
    Thanks. The settings you described are already set up the way you suggest. Any other ideas?
    That doesn't have to be set like that - they just have to use you apple/iMessage email address to communticate - make sure they are texting the email not you number and if that doesn't work

    Restore the iPad and if that still doesn't fix the issue make a genius bar appt and go to Apple
    Cleveland
    (GO BROWNS )



    Quote from Jellotime91
    And, I'm not trying to push my preference on others, so I've got no reason to go and join an android forum to talk about how awesome iPhone is. That's like going to a KKK meeting and trying to show people the latest queen latifah movie...
  5. #5  
    patricksmangan's Avatar
    iPhone Intermediate

    Posts
    290 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,576 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    5

    Default

    Ive just set the Id on my phone to email, but in my experience, I only get iMessages on my iPad wile that app is open and in focus, but I've only received iMessages on my iPad from myself, like sending a URL over.
  6. Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  
    Bugeyeblue's Avatar
    iPhone Intermediate

    Posts
    163 Posts
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts

    Default

    Any other ideas? I'm not going to restore my iPad just yet. There's got to be an easier solution.
  7. #7  
    Massie's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    5,015 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,020 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    8.0.2

    Default

    Are they actually not showing up at all, or is it just that the notification--whether you have a popup or banner or whatever--isn't showing?

    (In other words, if you open the Messages app, do you see the "missing" messages?)
  8. #8  
    erockdabass's Avatar
    iPhone Newbie

    Posts
    21 Posts
    iOS Version
    Current

    Default

    Make sure you have a good wifi single. If your signal is week the wifi drops off and you won't get your text messages.

    It might reconnect when you wake your iPad but if the signal is low it turns off when sleeping.
  9. #9  
    krs7272#AC's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    181 Posts
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    5.0.1_A406

    Default

    Bottom line iMessage had issues. Over the weekend I couldn't send pics well they said delivered but never were After a restore I can but still can't to one contact. Do a search there are plenty of topics and issues


    Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
  10. #10  
    Peligro911's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    4,873 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,922 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6 and 5

    Default

    After you set ur setting to your email hard reset your iPhone to make the change work .. Whoever u message will show as your email not your number so if there messaging your number it won't show on your iPad .. Also try starting a conversation on your iPad sometimes that gets it going


    Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
  11. Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  
    Bugeyeblue's Avatar
    iPhone Intermediate

    Posts
    163 Posts
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peligro911 View Post
    After you set ur setting to your email hard reset your iPhone to make the change work .. Whoever u message will show as your email not your number so if there messaging your number it won't show on your iPad .. Also try starting a conversation on your iPad sometimes that gets it going


    Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    I think that's the problem. People message my iPhone phone number and it doesn't carry over to my iPad. But it seems like sometimes it does. I don't understand. I've also done the other 2 things you listed... The hard reset and starting the conversation on the iPad. It'll carry over to both devices for as long as it wants to, then it'll just stop showing up on the iPad.
  12. Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  
    Bugeyeblue's Avatar
    iPhone Intermediate

    Posts
    163 Posts
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Massie View Post
    Are they actually not showing up at all, or is it just that the notification--whether you have a popup or banner or whatever--isn't showing?

    (In other words, if you open the Messages app, do you see the "missing" messages?)
    I never get notifications on the iPad for iMessages. I sometimes get the thread to show the conversation. Usually I'll get home from work and go to use my iPad, and see that about 1/4 of my iMessages have shown up in the thread, but there's never a number over the iMessage icon and the threads are never complete with the entire conversation.
  13. Thread AuthorThread Author   #13  
    Bugeyeblue's Avatar
    iPhone Intermediate

    Posts
    163 Posts
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by erockdabass View Post
    Make sure you have a good wifi single. If your signal is week the wifi drops off and you won't get your text messages.

    It might reconnect when you wake your iPad but if the signal is low it turns off when sleeping.
    The iPad sits in my house all day next to my router while I'm at work.
  14. Thread AuthorThread Author   #14  
    Bugeyeblue's Avatar
    iPhone Intermediate

    Posts
    163 Posts
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by krs7272 View Post
    Bottom line iMessage had issues. Over the weekend I couldn't send pics well they said delivered but never were After a restore I can but still can't to one contact. Do a search there are plenty of topics and issues


    Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    I did do a search and came up empty handed for fixes that worked for me.
  15. #15  
    krs7272#AC's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    181 Posts
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    5.0.1_A406

    Default

    Yep same hear. I only have an iPhone so I just turned iMessage off. I can't seem to find a solution. Messages seem to send find just not pictures.


    Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
  16. #16  
    flytech's Avatar
    iPhone Newbie

    Posts
    19 Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bugeyeblue View Post
    Anyone have any suggestions? I use a Verizon iPhone 4 and an iPad 2 wifi only version. My iMessages always show up fine on my iPhone, but basically never show up on my iPad. Once in a while one will make it through and show up, but usually not.
    Sometimes u don't receive notification but when you refresh it you see the messages. That's what happened to me.
  17. Thread AuthorThread Author   #17  
    Bugeyeblue's Avatar
    iPhone Intermediate

    Posts
    163 Posts
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flytech View Post
    Sometimes u don't receive notification but when you refresh it you see the messages. That's what happened to me.
    How do you refresh it?

Posting Permissions