iMessage/Text problem - Contact Names Disappeared

StormJH1

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Anybody seen this happen? I picked up my phone one day and in my "messages" screen (which contains all your iMessage contacts as well as people you are using text messages on that don't have an iOS 5 device)...now it just shows all their phone numbers instead of their names. It's actually pretty annoying because I have to know whose phone number I'm looking at to know who the text is going to!

I didn't touch anything to make it switch, and I can't find a setting anywhere that addresses it. Any ideas?

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Try the *228 & option2 (I believe it is) and see if that helps. I recall seeing this posted somewhere and if I'm not mistaken, I believe it helped that person:)

If I can find that thread il post it for you;):)

StormJH1

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Ok, here's the thread, and it's on the second page, Peligro mentioned *228 option 1. There's also another option having to do with the 1 in front of the number as well. Check it out it may help you :)

http://forums.imore.com/ios-5-forum/222147-no-name-just-phone-number-notification-txt-message-2.html

@PINK - THANK YOU! Tried it and so far, so good. I never would have come up with that on my own, and I even did a fair amount of snooping around Google and the forums and couldn't find it.

It sounds like a little thing, but it was more or less failing to link the messages with my contact information, which was a pretty big deal, and restarts were not fixing it.

Thanks again!

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
@PINK - THANK YOU! Tried it and so far, so good. I never would have come up with that on my own, and I even did a fair amount of snooping around Google and the forums and couldn't find it.

It sounds like a little thing, but it was more or less failing to link the messages with my contact information, which was a pretty big deal, and restarts were not fixing it.

Thanks again!

:)yvw, I'm glad that worked for you, and thanks to Peligro also:)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2