Is any one else having problems with iMessage?

Oliverg109

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
lately my messages with my friends with other iPhones are not going through, it either takes for ever to send and then eventually it automatically sends it as a text message or I don't receive any messages when they send me a message. This is getting a bit frustrated.

hpcomputergeek

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
lately my messages with my friends with other iPhones are not going through, it either takes for ever to send and then eventually it automatically sends it as a text message or I don't receive any messages when they send me a message. This is getting a bit frustrated.

It's kinda slow but this happens once in a while. It's probably because many users are trying to send messages at the same time.

If it is too slow tomorrow, try turning off iMessage and put your iPhone in Airplane Mode for 30 seconds and turn it back on and see if it's a little faster. if it is too slow after you do that, do a clean restore with iTunes.

hope this helped!:D

RemmyZero

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
i often have issues where iMessage will cease to work when i'm on wifi (which i always am at home). i will have to toggle the wifi off, send the failed message, then turn wifi back on to get it to operate normally.

to be fair, i'm having a number of issues with iOS 5, there are some instability issues and app issues inherent to the build that need ironing out.

xDAKx

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I've been having issues since last Thursday where messages just don't send immediately, or they come back as "Not delivered" after about 15 minutes, has been happening on my 4S and my iPad 2.

Kristy_Lyn

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
For about 2 weeks now I have been having issues intermittently where I get a red exclamation mark and it states message not delivered. This is when it is running via iMessage, the strange thing is, it doesn't send as a text either, and it won't resend a few seconds later either, I have to manually resend the message. It's only happened maybe 6 times over the last few weeks, but had never occurred before.

In fact today I sent a few messages and didn't hear a response, I then picked up the phone and called to find out what I had sent the text for. When my call connected the text message went through to the person I was contacting. Hopefully this is just a temporary glitch and gets better before it gets worse, nothing worse than unreliable text messages...

I know there is a separate issue with iMessage when you are signed in on multiple devices, it doesn't always send the message to both devices. I also use my email addy as my iMessage account and when I have sent an email from my iPhone it did not get delivered to my email account, however it went through iMessage instead. For that issue I think I may make a separate @me account to solve that little issue, as my intention was for the message to go to my email account.

Iphonejackson

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I was having the same issue. Im on Verizon so I just updated the network via *228 and restarted the iPhone.
It's been two days and all is back to normal.

bluewyi

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Im having problems with my iMessage these 2 days...Its been working on and off...one moment its okay, next moment i cant use iMessage...I've tried all of the recommendations that i am able to find thru the forum but none works for me~~!! any other suggestions??? thanks...

brettferrell

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
YES! My wife sends me texts all of the time from her Android, and sometimes they come through fine, and sometimes they're delayed HOURS. Very irritating.

Brett

DocTauri

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I've been having problems the last few days getting messages from my daughter (both of us on 4S and 5.0.1). *SOME* of her messages come through about 12 hours late, thus conversations are all out of whack. For instance, at 4pm yesterday I asked what she wanted for dinner. I received a response with 5 minutes that said "I don't". It turns out, that response was from a message the night before. Today at noon, I received a message from her that said "fried rice". This was in response to yesterday's message..

Very strange. We've both rebooted, and I've turned iMessage off on mine. I'll *228 both and see what happens.

Oliverg109

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
I've been having problems the last few days getting messages from my daughter (both of us on 4S and 5.0.1). *SOME* of her messages come through about 12 hours late, thus conversations are all out of whack. For instance, at 4pm yesterday I asked what she wanted for dinner. I received a response with 5 minutes that said "I don't". It turns out, that response was from a message the night before. Today at noon, I received a message from her that said "fried rice". This was in response to yesterday's message..

Very strange. We've both rebooted, and I've turned iMessage off on mine. I'll *228 both and see what happens.

I tend to have some issues like that, some times I think my friends ignore the message, but it is that they receive it either late or another day.

INNOVATTY

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site

Same thing here! Some messages were sent as text messages.

Unfortunately, I only noticed when the phone bill came higher than usual :(

hoosieriphone

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I had to swap out my iP4s for a new one the other day. Now, when I iMessage my wife or daughter, I get their response but it won't show on the message screen. In the upper left of the screen it will show 1 message. I have to open it up to see the response. ???????????????

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
YES! My wife sends me texts all of the time from her Android, and sometimes they come through fine, and sometimes they're delayed HOURS. Very irritating.

Brett

That's not iMessage then.. iMessage is only between IOS devices... sounds more like carrier related to me.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
It has not been working well for a few days now for me. Today it seems especially bad, only had 1 go through and the rest I have been sending as texts.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner