Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Timhewitt
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Newbie

Default Siri and iMessage

Does Siri work with iMessaging? My girlfriend has an wifi iPad 2 with ios 5 and a cheap cell phone. How can I get Siri to send iMessage to her iPad and not send a text message to her phone. When I tell Siri to iMessase my girlfriend it sets it up as a text to her phone.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.x

If she has iMessage set up on her iPad with the same email as her phone, you shouldn't have to choose where to send her message.
    iMore Pro

You have to message her at her iCloud email address not her phone number. For Siri, the easiest way is to set up a second contact in your address book with a slightly different name.
    FendrGuitPlayr likes this.
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  
    iPhone Newbie

Cool thanks guys
    iPhone Intermediate

iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by Timhewitt View Post
    You have to message her at her iCloud email address not her phone number. For Siri, the easiest way is to set up a second contact in your address book with a slightly different name.
    Siri has a little trouble with some names too. My son is "Nick" and Siri keeps telling me that she can't find "Neck" - so I thought it would be Nicholas, but Siri thinks Necklace..argh..lol...!
    A GOAL without a PLAN is only a WISH.
    iMore Pro

Quote Originally Posted by FendrGuitPlayr View Post
    Siri has a little trouble with some names too. My son is "Nick" and Siri keeps telling me that she can't find "Neck" - so I thought it would be Nicholas, but Siri thinks Necklace..argh..lol...!
    Must be your pronunciation. Siri has no problem finding Nick in my address book...