imessage not sending pictures, but says delivered

lenababyy

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Very strange issue started yesterday....
I send pics via imessage several times a day, yesterday I discovered that the recipients stopped getting them.
I message claims they have been delivered, but they never are. I have tried various pictures, various sizes and to various iphone users.
None ever arrive, they continue to say delivered.
I thought this might resolve itself but it has been like this for 2 days now.
When it sends as text, the picture goes through.
I should mention also that as the pic is "sending" the recipient sees the "..." as if im typing, but once it "sends" the ... disappears and the pic is never received.

I dont think I changed anything, and MMS is selected under settings.... is anyone else having this issue?

Ginbill

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I've been having this issue as well. I'll send a picture and get no response back for the photo but a message for the other messages I've sent. Then I'll ask and they didn't receive the picture. :mad:

lenababyy

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I have tried restarting my phone completely and booting in safemode (my device is jailbroken) because I feared it may be a problem with a tweak.
The problem continues.

Videos also do not send but claim to be delivered. The recipient never gets them.

Ginbill when did you notice this problem start? Mine worked perfectly for months and out of no where yesterday it stopped.

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I've been having issues with iMessage as well. I had it set to send as SMS when iMessage wasn't available but it didn't always do it. Photos would take forever to send and a lot wouldn't arrive. Videos wouldn't go through very often.This happened with my phone and my husband's phone as soon as we got them on launch day, whether sitting in my home with wifi or at an office with wifi, out and about, basically anywhere.

Since our text plan is unlimited anyway we've just turned iMessage off. No real benefit to using it except that you get the pretty blue bubbles instead of green when you text someone on an iOS 5 device. ;)

All texts go through perfectly now.

lenababyy

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Ok heres an update possibly related as i never had this problem before either , I tried to use facetime... on the callers end it shows that the recievers video is paused, on the recievers end it freezes on accept/decline

The same result occurs regarless of who calls who, just the opposite person sees described symptoms

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I would try a restore from back up if u have one before this started or restore as new and see what happens

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Ginbill

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Ginbill are you jailbroken?

Yeah, but I noticed this issue before I was. It might have had to do with signal in the area. I don't remember specifics. I'll have to pay attention next time. I actually haven't had this happen in a few days. Maybe it was just a fluke..

lenababyy

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Ya sorry I'm not a big fan of the "something goes wrong so start from scratch" fix
If I did this everytime something went wrong on my iphone I'd be restoring it every couple weeks.
I'm looking for a cause or a solution, restoring and starting from scratch isnt really a fix.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Ya sorry I'm not a big fan of the "something goes wrong so start from scratch" fix
If I did this everytime something went wrong on my iphone I'd be restoring it every couple weeks.
I'm looking for a cause or a solution, restoring and starting from scratch isnt really a fix.

Try turning iMessage off then on .. Or maybe re provision it like on verizon dial *228 option 1 ..

Im not a fan or restoring either really but if the OS corrupted somehow that would be the only fix

Have you downloaded any apps right before it started ? Or made any changes ?

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, but I noticed this issue before I was. It might have had to do with signal in the area. I don't remember specifics. I'll have to pay attention next time. I actually haven't had this happen in a few days. Maybe it was just a fluke..

i've had imessage work on and off also--with on a rarity not del'd when it says it was, or in just plain sending as a text and not imessage.

I know it may sound a little nuts, but with the holiday season upon us keep in mind how many millions of people are txing and sending e-cards to loved ones that could be clogging up the network also:) not just Verizon, but all of them.

Just like on New Years Eve at midnight where its almost nearly impossible to make a call or send a text because of how clogged the networks get too;)

Ginbill

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
i've had imessage work on and off also--with on a rarity not del'd when it says it was, or in just plain sending as a text and not imessage.

I know it may sound a little nuts, but with the holiday season upon us keep in mind how many millions of people are txing and sending e-cards to loved ones that could be clogging up the network also:) not just Verizon, but all of them.

Just like on New Years Eve at midnight where its almost nearly impossible to make a call or send a text because of how clogged the networks get too;)

You're probably right.. On Thanksgiving when I was sending regular texts to some people without iMessage they were getting the text with some lag. Probably a case of that. Awkward when a picture comes later than the conversation it went with. ;)

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
You're probably right.. On Thanksgiving when I was sending regular texts to some people without iMessage they were getting the text with some lag. Probably a case of that. Awkward when a picture comes later than the conversation it went with. ;)

We were seeing delays around Thanksgiving also as well as the day of.

Yea, I can imagine the awkwardness of that lol. Getting the comical text and then getting the pix a few hours later. Lol, it's like, ok, the moment is over it's not funny any more.

lenababyy

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Just to clarify for anyone having the SAME problem, this is not a matter of delay.
For those who posted above, you are not having the same issue. Please read through the symptoms.

This is a matter of imessage text going through every time no problem and any media (pic, video or audio) NEVER sending and claiming it is delivered. The recipient never receives them, not days later.

NOW, FOR ANYONE HAVING THE SAME ISSUE... HERE IS THE FIX
this is for people with a jailbroken device only, I am on ios 5 semi tethered jailbreak
I do not know exactly which of these steps did the trick, but here is what I did
1. updated color keyboard (cydia prompted me that there was an update, so I updated it)
2.uninstalled siri0us (in cydia)
3. uninstalled erika utilities (in cydia - this must have come with something as I dont remember installing it myself)
4. turn off the device, and boot in untethered mode (that is without plugging it into a computer and running redsnow, this only works with semitether - which if you are tethered jailbroken you should get)
5. send an imessage picture message while in untethered boot (this is not the same as safemode)
6. reboot the device tethered with redsnow
VOILA, every pic msg has gone through flawlessly since. I have yet to try facetime but I am confident it will also work.

voodoochild1979

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
same problem for me!

I'm on iOS 5.0.1 untethered jailbreak (Redsnow) and having the same issue - but I don't have siri)us or Erica utilities installed... :(
any other ideas?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711