iMessage issues?

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else having issues? About once a week iMessage doesn't work (messages take forever to send and then the red exclamation point shows up as "not sent". ) I have it set to send via SMS if iMessage isn't working and it does that occasionally but days like today, I had to go in and manually send the unsent iMessages as texts.

I had iMessage turned off the first week I had the phone because of this issue. Texts work perfectly and I have an unlimited text plan. I only turned it back on when there was shoddy cell service when I went to visit someone in the hospital so texts didn't go through but iMessage worked. Have had it on since then but then today it failed me again.

Maybe I just need to keep iMessages turned off and only use texts?

ebedoun

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I have that happen every now and then where they show up as not sent.

Also seems every time I get a photo over iMessage, it reads "Message Send Failure" on the notification. strange.

Still works the majority of the time for me.

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
That's a very strange problem you are having! I know this is rudimentary, but have you power cycled your phone recently? Maybe something just needs reset? Yesterday, I went to take a picture of our Thanksgiving turkey (it looked like something off of the Food Network haha), my camera app loaded, had all the buttons for flash/options and the grid lines, but it wouldn't show an image. I power cycled it and everything was fine!

If that doesn't work, maybe try restoring your iPhone through iTunes. The only remote problem I've had with iMessage/the Messages app was an occasional double text sound, but that's stopped. I've never had an iMessage just not send. How long has this been going on for?

Reactions: LVMHgirl

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
If you have communication issues with apple's servers, it won't send as an iMessage.

This happens every once in a while but usually the messages get sent as texts automatically. It's just that sometimes they don't get sent out at all and I have to click on them and I'm given the choice to try again or send as text.

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
That's a very strange problem you are having! I know this is rudimentary, but have you power cycled your phone recently? Maybe something just needs reset? Yesterday, I went to take a picture of our Thanksgiving turkey (it looked like something off of the Food Network haha), my camera app loaded, had all the buttons for flash/options and the grid lines, but it wouldn't show an image. I power cycled it and everything was fine!

If that doesn't work, maybe try restoring your iPhone through iTunes. The only remote problem I've had with iMessage/the Messages app was an occasional double text sound, but that's stopped. I've never had an iMessage just not send. How long has this been going on for?

Most definitely a strange problem! Just did a power cycle yesterday when my Siri wasn't connecting to the network but my husband's was working fine. Did it again today when iMessage was acting up. Coming from the BB world, I am used to always resorting to the equivalent of a battery pull. ;-)

This actually started happening ever since I've had the phone. I just turned off iMessages and sent everything as texts until recently. Kind of dreading having to do a restore. Not really a fan of how everything is controlled by iTunes!

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Most definitely a strange problem! Just did a power cycle yesterday when my Siri wasn't connecting to the network but my husband's was working fine. Did it again today when iMessage was acting up. Coming from the BB world, I am used to always resorting to the equivalent of a battery pull. ;-)

This actually started happening ever since I've had the phone. I just turned off iMessages and sent everything as texts until recently. Kind of dreading having to do a restore. Not really a fan of how everything is controlled by iTunes!

I was a former BB user too haha - a battery pull solves everything! It's funny how, often times, a battery pull/power cycle/restart is overlooked but it could be the solution to your problem!

Doing a restore isn't my favorite thing either, but I think you should give it a try. I was having a problem with my Messages/iMessage and I did a restore (I later found out it was a glitch, not an actual problem - go figure). Going back to strict SMS is always an option, but I honestly think you should give the restore a try! Good luck and definitely let me know what you decide on!

Reactions: LVMHgirl

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2