Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    318 Global Posts

Default iMessage is not working.

My wife and I both have iPhone 4s with the latest iOS 5.0.1, and today it seems that iMessage is only working some times no matter if we are in 3G or WiFi. Is anyone els having these problems. I am wondering if it an apple server or IOS problem.

Global Posts
    11,131 Global Posts
    iOS Version

May be related to:
    Keith - iMore Moderator - The Mobile Nations/iMore Forum Rules
     iPhone5 on VZW;  iPad(2012) - wifi with BadElf for GPS
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." -- Socrates
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    85 Global Posts

yes, been happening to me too. Will send the message as a text message even though previous messages have been the blue iMessage. Future messages will go back to the blue iMessage. can't figure out if it's a connection thing with the Apple servers or what but has been happening for the past couple weeks randomly.
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts

Appears to be a sever issue. Something like what BBM gets at times. I guess its something we are going to have to learn to live with on iOS 5 if we want to have this sort of a feature..
    iPhone Nanite

Quote Originally Posted by Bklynbruiser View Post
    Appears to be a sever issue. Something like what BBM gets at times. I guess its something we are going to have to learn to live with on iOS 5 if we want to have this sort of a feature..
    Why live with it. It's a new "feature" that doesn't seem to work well at all. It's also a new feature that is COMPLETELY IN FAVOR OF ATT ( and other carriers now ). If you use iMessage, you're taking load off the ATT servers that you are paying to have access to. Why allow your carrier to NOT carry your traffic so they can save money by using a "feature" that works only intermittently? Why?

You're just lining the pockets of your carrier even more than normal by using iMessage and by using WiFi hot spots instead of 3G/4G data.

Turn the stupid, non-working iMessage "feature" off and while you're in there, disable WiFi so that you actually use the data you pay for!!!

Stop letting Apple and ATT continue to dump crap on you that saves them money at the expense of your own frustration.
    iMore Beginner

iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by weq92f View Post
    Stop letting Apple and ATT continue to dump crap on you that saves them money at the expense of your own frustration.
    LMAO... welcome!
    You're going to feel right at home on this forum.