iMessage says Delivered - but never delivered.

stratoti

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
I sent a text message to my girlfriend yesterday afternoon. Never got a reply.

It said it was delivered, but when I asked her later that evening about it she said she never got one.

We're both Verzion, and using new 4Gs phones. Tried rebooting both phones, never got it. Also, we've text mesg'd since, and it's been fine.

See the screen shots below. I took the screen shots 9 hours later.

If Apple couldn't send the iMessage it would revert to Text. But in this case, it says it was delivered?? So IMO this isn't a "server down" issue, it's a "never sent it, but marked it as sent anyway" issue.

Has this happened to anyone else? It was yesterday (Nov 3rd) around noon EST.

imessage.jpg

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
That hasn't happened to me yet. What I have my wife do, it turn on the read receipt. Hopefully that will help if it never shows up as read. I would turn those on, and see if it happens again. If it does, go to apple and let them know. But usually if they can't replicate it, they won't be able to help you. Good luck!

stratoti

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
My fault. 4s. Friday brain fart.

I know that if it can't be delivered via iMessage, after a few minutes my phone will send a regular text.

What I'm concerned with is that it says it was delivered, but she never got it. She also doesn't have any other iOS devices. (i.e. delivered to her iPad vs. her Phone - this isn't the issue since she doesn't own one.)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2