Bd iMessage as text message

Gixxer07

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Send iMessage as text message

I didn't realize you could do this until just now. Right after you send a iMessage I you tap and hold the bubble of the message you just sent it gives you the option to send as text message. Not very useful but figured I would see if anyone else knew about this as I just found out and haven't heard about it anywhere.

Last edited:

Tinmania

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
I didn't realize you could do this until just now. Right after you send a iMessage I you tap and hold the bubble of the message you just sent it gives you the option to send as text message. Not very useful but figured I would see if anyone else knew about this as I just found out and haven't heard about it anywhere.
You can't do that most of the time.

The only time you can do that is if the message has not been "delivered." So if, say, you connected to a WiFi network that is experiencing trouble with Internet you won't see "delivered" for iMessages. But tapping and holding on the message will allow you to send as text instead, which uses the cellular network not internet.

Since iMessage messages "usually" are delivered right away this is why those responding to this thread don't see the send as text option.

Michael

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner