Group Text! 2.0 text/iMessages to groups on all devices
Today we released an update to our popular group texting app: Group Text! 2.0.
The app is now universal so it runs on iPhone, iPad and iPod. As far as we know it's the first app that easily prepare group iMessages on iPad and iPod.
We also added an alert manager that allows to schedule alerts with associated recipients and text and when the alert fire you can send the message with just a couple taps.
With Group Text! you can easily send SMS (on iPhone) or iMessages (on all devices) to groups, to handpicked set of contacts or to distribution lists. Once you create a list, you no longer have to select contacts one-by-one for a group message. Simply tap on the list or group name and you are ready to send! And if you need to send the same message many times, just save it as a template and pick it later to auto populate the text of your message. You can also easily attach the address and maps link of the current or a selected position and text contacts information.
Group Text! uses your text plan to send messages and replies are received on the Messages application as usual or uses the iMessages service on iOS5 depending on your settings.
User's guide available on the web site Redbits iPhone Apps. Please read the guide, the few negative reviews are from people that have not read the user's guide. If in doubt, send an email to support ! We reply to every request.
- send mass text messages / iMessages
- easy and quick interface
- use address book groups;
- handpick set of contacts from address book
- select / deselect single recipients in groups and lists
- create and manage distribution lists from address book or manually entering recipients information
- distribution lists are very useful if you have contacts with more than one phone number or if you don't want to create groups only to group text them
- optionally create and use message templates
- setting to show all or only mobile numbers
- setting to show email addresses (for iMessage)
- alert manager to schedule up to 60 one shot or recurring alerts with pre-set lists/group and text; when an alert fire send a message with only a couple taps (in-app purchase)
- optional char counter with total used chars, size of the texts, number of the texts and remaining chars before an additional text is required.
- save or load recipients from / to csv documents
- exchange csv documents by E-Mail or iTunes
- print lists (iOS4.2 and supported printer required)
- iPhone 4 retina display ready
- works on iPhone, iPad or iPod (iPad and iPod, iOS5 required, can send only iMessages)
- visually impaired users can fully control the app with VoiceOver+
- insert contact information in message text
- insert the current location (address and maps link) in message text
- insert a picked location (address and maps link) in message text
- preview templates
- preview CSV files
- landscape support