iMessage video limit?

ebedoun

May 27, 2010
Visit site
the wife and I send a lot of photos and videos back and forth of our kids while the other is at work...

In the past we wrote off MMS and only used email because the videos looked horrible on MMS.

Now coming from my iPhone 4S and going to her iPhone 4 over iMessage, I am sending minute long and 2 minute long videos to her and they send rather quickly and look great.

It did tell me for the 2:09 long video that it was too long and wanted to know if I would like to send a clip. It didn't give me the option to trim and sent the whole thing anyhow. Anyone test longer videos yet? I'm not 100% positive she received the full 2:09, but that is what is in my outbox. She isn't going to time it with a stopwatch like I did. haha I'll have to wait until she gets home in the morning to really test it.

Happy that it will be easier to send video than dealing with email.

ebedoun

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Trying to test by sending messages to myself.... I know...dork.

Not sure that sending the message to myself is actually routing it through the system. It definitely uploads and then immediately after it is sent it shows up received.

I recorded for 3:09 and it did have me trim it what looked like 2 minutes maybe. but after playing back the message I received, it was the full 3:09. Guess i will just have to test later when I have access to another iPhone.

:confused:

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Trying to test by sending messages to myself.... I know...dork.

Not sure that sending the message to myself is actually routing it through the system. It definitely uploads and then immediately after it is sent it shows up received.

I recorded for 3:09 and it did have me trim it what looked like 2 minutes maybe. but after playing back the message I received, it was the full 3:09. Guess i will just have to test later when I have access to another iPhone.

:confused:

I've done it several times, from me to my friend in Canada and it works great.

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!