send button in iMessage not working

JsGrandma

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Last night the blue "send" button in iMessage stopped working.........I type, record and all that but get no response when touching the blue "send" key to send the message.............any ideas on what to check on the phone before I take it back to Verizon for an exchange?

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Try going into the settings menu, general, reset, and hit "Reset Network Settings" and see if this helps. Usually this can usually fix little issues that come up from time to time.

JsGrandma

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
fixed now and here's solution

I ended up going to the Apple store after a visit to the VZ store where they couldn't help. It seems that I was typing in the "subject" line of the iMessage and trying to send rather than typing in the iMessage box............Even the Apple guys were confused at first till we went into settings and found that you need to turn "off" the subject line option. OR which is easier is to just make sure you are typing in the right box.............ahahah Now when I type in the iMessage box it works fine.........

Reactions: Goodfellas1833

Phil DeLong

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I was surprised that they included a subject line option. I don't think I've ever actually seen someone use a subject line on a text message.

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I use the subject line if it's more like an email than an instant msg. Kind of like an instant email.

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2