Imessage

gbourland

Sep 3, 2008
Visit site
I seem to be the only person I know with beta and after looking over things it seems like one of the main new additions imessage I haven't been able to experiment with. If I wanted to share my contact info I could give an email address right? as long it is an address I have in the settings menu.

maverick96

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
cos they've integrated it with the old messages app (sms, mms).
so u dun have to rely on internet connection like iChat

I'm pretty sure iMessage uses data for it to work. I dont think it works the same as SMS/MMS does, where it will just deduct off of your messaging plan. Anyone??

MikeDerro

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty sure iMessage uses data for it to work. I dont think it works the same as SMS/MMS does, where it will just deduct off of your messaging plan. Anyone??

iMessage does use data. The whole purpose of iMessage, just like BBM, is to send messages to Apple user without having consuming all of your SMS. For those users who have tried it, there are times where i have experienced iMessage would lag on sending the message. What's neat about it, is that there will be a little caution message on the side and will prompt you "Send as an SMS".

ek9max

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Definetly my favorite feature in ios5.

I've tried it with some friends of mine. Works really good so far. Can't wait for this to go public, as most of the people I know are on iPhones.

LooNTooNs

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Anyone have it on multiple devices? I have an Ipad and Iphone, Ipad is home all the time. I dont want my Imessages going to Ipad while im on the road.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
iMessage does use data. The whole purpose of iMessage, just like BBM, is to send messages to Apple user without having consuming all of your SMS. For those users who have tried it, there are times where i have experienced iMessage would lag on sending the message. What's neat about it, is that there will be a little caution message on the side and will prompt you "Send as an SMS".

Is it faster to send something like a video via iMessage or SMS?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Is it faster to send something like a video via iMessage or SMS?

interesting question, I'm gonna guess iMessage because it's either over 3G or even faster Wifi while SMS is through the voice connection. It's just an un-educated guess though.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711