iMessage - How does it work with spouse's iPhone?

fotophocus

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm a bit confused - hopefully someone who has the beta can help clear this up for me. Here's my setup, 3 devices all using a single Apple ID.

• My iPhone 4
  • Wife's iPhone 4
  • My iPad

I'd like to be able to talk to my wife using iMessage - with her messages showing up on her phone, and my messages showing up on my phone and iPad. Is this possible? How would iMessage handle it?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
iMessage allows you to assign a email address to receive messages at. Can be any email address you define. Much like how FaceTime works on a iPod touch.

How does all of this work with Apple ID/MobileMe accounts? My Apple ID email address is NOT my MobileMe address... how does any of this affect iCloud?

There seems to be a lot of pieces and, thus, lots of questions (for me, at least).

GolfnCPA

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
From the email sent by Mobile Me after the announcement, it appears that your me.com address will transfer to iCloud. Mobile Me will also remain operable through July 2012, but you must fully transfer by then.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I also have the OSX 10.7 lion beta, it will allow you to create iCloud account, when I tried to upgrade my mobile me to iCloud it told me that it was unable to upgrade mobile me accounts at this time.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234