Wanna try imessage with me?

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Pay to test something that may brick your iOS device? What's to guarantee that this person will be around for beta 2? If you don't update your iOS device within a certain amount of time after a new beta release, your device is bricked.

v1nn1e

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
My co-worker added my UUID to his developer account, but I'm scared to take the plunge to 5!

If I want to go back to 4.3.3 I can, but from what I read, I won't be able to restore my backup from 5 back to 4.3.3. So, yeah. Dilemma central.

fmflex

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I have a couple of questions if someone can help me with. Will this iOS 5 work on a Verizon iPhone? If it bricks the iPhone will Apple take care of it? Are there any other details that I should know before I get in on this through eBay? (like "If you don't update your iOS device within a certain amount of time after a new beta release, your device is bricked.")

Thanks

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I have a couple of questions if someone can help me with. Will this iOS 5 work on a Verizon iPhone? If it bricks the iPhone will Apple take care of it? Are there any other details that I should know before I get in on this through eBay? (like "If you don't update your iOS device within a certain amount of time after a new beta release, your device is bricked.")

Thanks

(1) Yes it will work on Verizon iPhone
(2) If it bricks the phone you are SOL as this is for developers only
(3) I would stay with the updates as they are free and eventually will upgrade you to the final version of the software. I have never allowed a beta to expire so I don't have any experience with that.

Reactions: fmflex

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Interesting:

Send button is blue when sending iMessage and Green when sending text message, same with balloon colors around the text.

fmflex

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
so obviously you guys have been playing with beta iOS before. Anyone ever ended up bricking their phone? I really want to try iOS 5 but it would be on my prime phone and I can't end up with a brick.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711