iMessage/SMS alerts sounding twice?

gatorfan79

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
My 4S has started doing something weird. Every time I get a text message or an iMessage, the sound goes off twice in a row. Have you ever gotten two texts back-to-back and the alert goes like half way off and then sounds off again? That's what it's doing. I'd swear I was getting two messages at the same time... but I'm not. I've checked my settings and my alert tone (it's the default one. yes, I'm boring.)

Any ideas on how to fix this?

murrelldj

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi..... Go to notifications, messages and change repeat alert to "never" it will only alert you once then... I noticed same thing then figured out it was that.

Hope it works for you

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Hi..... Go to notifications, messages and change repeat alert to "never" it will only alert you once then... I noticed same thing then figured out it was that.

Hope it works for you

That's not it. The repeat is for repeating every few mins or so, not double alerts. :)

Beamed over the interwebz from my iPhone 4S using Siri.

saynt j

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Go to Notifications, and select Messages, change the notifications to None (vs banner or alert)... That's where your second notification sound will disappear.

You will still be able to view your messages in the pull down tab. All you are doing is removing the revolving notification at the top of the screen.

creighton

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Mine did that too. So did another friends. Both started doing it at about the same time early this week and had not done so during the week before. The notification sound all of sudden played twice for every message. I did a factory reset on mine and it has stopped. The other guy says it still happens to him, but only when he receives messages sent via iMessage. Messages sent via SMS only trigger the notification once.

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I have had banners on and repeat set since beta 4 on my original iPhone 4 and now on my 4s, and I have never had double notifications. It isn't the banner, it's some other bug causing it.

Beamed over the interwebz from my iPhone 4S using Siri.

zahwoot

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Happening to me as well

This same issue has been happening to me for almost a week now. It happens on self made text tones and the default text tones. I haven't tried a full wipe of the device yet.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen