Gatekeeper and MakeMKV

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
So I'm trying to download MakeMKV but it says it isn't signed by Apple. How do I download it then? Do I put my gatekeeper to all? Is there some work around to where I can install and use this without leaving myself vulnerable? If I switch to accept all then switch gatekeeper back to only download from Mac App Store and verified devs will I still be able to use the unsigned app? I'd rather not leave gatekeeper disabled if it can avoid it.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
So I'm trying to download MakeMKV but it says it isn't signed by Apple. How do I download it then? Do I put my gatekeeper to all? Is there some work around to where I can install and use this without leaving myself vulnerable? If I switch to accept all then switch gatekeeper back to only download from Mac App Store and verified devs will I still be able to use the unsigned app? I'd rather not leave gatekeeper disabled if it can avoid it.

Exactly as you stated. Allow gatekeeper to download the apps and then open the apps. Once the have been opened once check that gatekeeper has reset itself. MakeMKV & Handbrake apps are 100% safe to use. I have used them for several years with out a single issue. They are great apps. You will be completely safe with them.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I do wish there was a faster way to transcode with MakeMKV. Star Wars the force awakens is taking 5 hours. My drive is a 6x speed too, but it's only reading at 2X

P_Devil

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site
MakeMKV doesn't do any transcoding, it simply copies the video and audio files as-is from the Blu-ray/DVD disc while stripping copy protection in the process. The speed of MakeMKV all depends on your drive, if it's hooked up through a USB hub, and what else you're doing on your Mac. I ripped Zooptopia the other day and it took my 2015 13" MBPr about 22 minutes. I think it took about 35 minutes for Episode VII. I have an LG USB2.0 Blu-ray reader that is hooked up through OWC's Thunderbolt 2 dock to my MBPr.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AbbiePilgrim