Magic Mouse

afctee

Distinguished
May 22, 2016
Visit site
Thus far it has been a couple of weeks since I've owned an iMac.
To be honest I thought by now, I'd be used to the Magic Mouse. Still struggling.

Any new iMac or Magic Mouse users here?

What are your thoughts\ideas?
Maybe I'm just used to a larger mouse (Logitech M310).

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
I am not a new user of the Magic Mouse, but do use the MM and love it. To be honest, the MM is not for everyone. The best suggestion I can offer you is to try changing some of the settings to better suit your needs. I found by changing things to my liking really helped me get use to it initially. I actually find using a regular mouse now hard to do. I hope this little bit of info will maybe help you as you try and get use to it. If not a regular mouse works well with Macs too.

Algus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I do not like the Magic Mouse. It is one of the few Apple products I can say that about. It doesn't offer the click precision I need for gaming and I don't really like how it tracks. You can adjust that, sure, or I can just plug in my Logitech mouse and be comfortable with the settings. It is also a bit small for me unfortunately. The touch surface is cool and I do like the basic gestures but as this mouse does not work for me for gaming, I see little reason to use it over the Magic Trackpad (larger, more responsive, more gestures) or my boring old Logitech M510.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
I use both the Trackpad & Mouse.
Trackpad at home & Mouse when away from home
Definitely prefer the Trackpad.
Good Luck

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
No issues with the Magic Mouse.... getting used to the trackpad on my new MBP but still find the mouse more comfortable.

SkyTripping

Apr 19, 2016
Visit site
I've used a magic mouse for about 7 years. I don't like the size (too small) but I really like everything else about. I tried the Logitech MX Master Wireless Mouse last year for a few days. I liked the size but I didn't like everything else. So, magic mouse for me.

afctee

Distinguished
May 22, 2016
Visit site
Over the past 48 hours or so, I've been using the Magic Mouse 2, more and more. And, weird as it is, it seems to be growing on me. I was in the Apple shop on Wednesday, and tested the Trackpad. Now to convince the missus to buy it for me ;)

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Over the past 48 hours or so, I've been using the Magic Mouse 2, more and more. And, weird as it is, it seems to be growing on me. I was in the Apple shop on Wednesday, and tested the Trackpad. Now to convince the missus to buy it for me ;)

I may pick up a MM2 just to have the rechargeable battery! And I took the little plate off my MM that holds the batteries because it never stays on.

joshrocker

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I've been using the Magic Mouse for a week now. I love the gestures on the mouse but overall i'm not a fan. It's just not comfortable to use for any prolonged period of time. It's too slim and just not form fitting. I really like the track pad and that's what i've been using most of the time. My daughter however (12 years old with smaller hands) likes the Magic Mouse.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
I've been using the Magic Mouse for a week now. I love the gestures on the mouse but overall i'm not a fan. It's just not comfortable to use for any prolonged period of time. It's too slim and just not form fitting. I really like the track pad and that's what i've been using most of the time. My daughter however (12 years old with smaller hands) likes the Magic Mouse.

I agree- the Track Pad is so much better than the mouse.
My mouse stays in my laptop case. I only use it when I'm away from the house.
Good Luck

joshrocker

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I agree- the Track Pad is so much better than the mouse.
My mouse stays in my laptop case. I only use it when I'm away from the house.
Good Luck

I have found some uses where the mouse is actually better suited. Usually if something requires very precise control but thankfully that's been pretty limited. Finding the "3 fingers to drag" on the trackpad has been a life saver for me. By far my favorite gesture.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice