Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Algus
  • 1 Post By firedept10
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    292 Global Posts

Default Which Late 2015 iMac do you own?

Which Late 2015 iMac do you own?
    - a 1TB fusion drive unit
    - a 2TB fusion drive unit

Curious what model everyone has.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    143 Global Posts

Default Re: Which Late 2015 iMac do you own?

I'll be buying one soon. I'm opting for the 2TB fusion drive. I'm mostly choosing 2 TB so I can gain the 128 gig SSD. The 24 gigs on the 1TB doesn't seem like it's enough. I figure most of the basic system apps will take up that space. Otherwise I probably would have opted for the 1TB.

My biggest decision is the i7 or the 4gb graphics upgrade. I'm pretty sure I'm opting for the i7. I probably should get both but I'm over budget already so I'm trying to cut somewhere.
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    292 Global Posts

Not many iMac users participate in the iMac section of iMore. Rather odd that...
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    801 Global Posts

iMore isn't the best place for Mac discussion unfortunately. Many of us own Macs but come here more for the mobile discussion. There are other communities with much busier Mac sections.

An iMac was on my radar this year until I dropped my iPad Air :/. Now I'm typing on a brand new iPad Pro so maybe next year. I'm hoping Apple will offer some better storage solutions on the iMacs. Otherwise external storage will be a must for me. Since I run Bootcamp, I want at least the 512 GB SSD so I can have 256 GB for each partition.
    mustang_52 likes this.

Default Which Late 2015 iMac do you own?

Quote Originally Posted by afctee View Post
    Not many iMac users participate in the iMac section of iMore. Rather odd that...
    Quote Originally Posted by Algus View Post
    iMore isn't the best place for Mac discussion unfortunately. Many of us own Macs but come here more for the mobile discussion. There are other communities with much busier Mac sections.

An iMac was on my radar this year until I dropped my iPad Air :/. Now I'm typing on a brand new iPad Pro so maybe next year. I'm hoping Apple will offer some better storage solutions on the iMacs. Otherwise external storage will be a must for me. Since I run Bootcamp, I want at least the 512 GB SSD so I can have 256 GB for each partition.
    When the thread title is "Which late 2015 iMac do you own?" responses are going to be pretty limited. That's a very specific line of iMac.

That being said, 1TB is enough storage space for the vast majority of users but it really boils down to your own personal needs.
  6. Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    292 Global Posts

...touch

I do not own one either, but would certainly go with a minimum of 2TB fusion. This gives you the 128 SSD. I have a late 2012 with 1TB Fusion/128GB SSD and the larger SSD is definitely better. Not sure why  ever opted to go with the 24GB SSD on the 1TB Fusion. Personally I would go with a 1TB SSD for my next choice though. Only because I require it for rendering in some of my programs.
    Rob Phillips likes this.
  8. Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    292 Global Posts

Upgrade to 2TB, with 128GB SSD drive, completed. I ran a Blackmagic Hard Drive speed test, and this unit is night a day different between the 1TB and 2TB. Since it is a long term investment, might as well start with 'decent' specs.

Now, if Apple would do the right thing and allow us owners to easily change the hard drive, like we can with the memory; we might be onto something...
    iMore Nanite

My late 2015 iMac has a 1TB drive but I don't think its a Fusion one.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    150 Global Posts

1 TB Fusion drive!
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts

I have the 1 TB SSD