Am buying a full size mac. Can I incorporate my years of rescued PC data to my new Mac?
Right now I own a Windows 10 system...had an 8.1...worked on a 7 and XP and even a VISTA..all on different hardware. Still have everything...want to load my work onto my new Mac when I purchase it.
None of it will convert properly on to my newest...and I am tired of paying Microsoft continually for its new Publisher ware...something I paid for when I bought it...I own an entire Publisher suite...purchased for my XP system...however am not allowed to load it onto my 10...hmmmmmm...wonder who dreamed that up?
Can you help me?
- 03-27-2016, 06:17 PM #2
- 4,204 Posts
Re: Am buying a full size mac. Can I incorporate my years of rescued PC data to my new Mac?
Welcome to iMore!
I think your best bet is to go with something like Parallels. It will allows you to install multiple OS's like Windows 10, 8.1, 7 and XP. You can install as many OS's as you desire and run them all at the same time as OS X is running. I use Parallels to run Windows 10 and XP, OS X El Capitan, while my OS X Yosemite runs. Any programs that require Windows can be installed as well and will run fine within Parallels.
There is also VMware Fusion 8 which will do the same thing. Both will cost you, but are far superior over Bootcamp or VirtualBox, both of which are free but do not have all the features of Parallels or Fusion 8. I find Parallels best of them all as it is easy to install and easy to set up. These Virtual Machine programs are great and will allow you to do all the things you are asking and then some. Hopefully this info will help you!
- By MrMars in forum iPhone 6sReplies: 2Last Post: 03-29-2016, 12:58 PM
- By iMore Question in forum iTunesReplies: 1Last Post: 03-28-2016, 01:54 AM
- By garyadcock in forum iPhone 5sReplies: 1Last Post: 03-27-2016, 05:19 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 03-27-2016, 03:12 PM
- By iMore Question in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 03-27-2016, 02:34 PM