Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Default Problems with wireless aluminum keyboard repeating for no reason.

Sometimes when i log into my iMac, for no apparent reason, my aluminum keyboard starts typing on it's own after i touch the first key....and it will keep doing it until i either restart the computer (by holding in the power button) or i shut off the keyboard. While logged in later on, it will start doing it again and sometimes that word accent options(ex, , etc)kick in too. After awhile i thought it was a sticky keyboard and replaced with a new one (not the magic keyboard though.) Then it started doing it again with the new one. It is very frustrating. Has anyone else had this problem? is there a way to fix it? After searching on the internet for fixes, i found firmware updates, but my keyboard was too new and didn't need the update.

Default Re: Problems with wireless aluminum keyboard repeating for no reason.

I haven't. Anyway, make a genius bar appointment with the nearest Apple Store to have them diagnose and possibly fix the problem for you.
    iMore Nanite

Default Re: Problems with wireless aluminum keyboard repeating for no reason, how can I fix this?

I am having exactly the same problems you describe and have to do the same as you to fix them.

Did you ever get an answer or a solution.
    iMore Newbie

Default Re: Problems with wireless aluminum keyboard repeating for no reason, how can I fix this?

I have the same problem. I am able to resolve it by holding down the power button on my keyboard and then restarting it. It is extremely annoying.