Problems with wireless aluminum keyboard repeating for no reason, how can I fix this?

I

iMore Question

Problems with wireless aluminum keyboard repeating for no reason.

Sometimes when i log into my iMac, for no apparent reason, my aluminum keyboard starts typing on it's own after i touch the first key....and it will keep doing it until i either restart the computer (by holding in the power button) or i shut off the keyboard. While logged in later on, it will start doing it again and sometimes that word accent options(ex, ?, ? etc)kick in too. After awhile i thought it was a sticky keyboard and replaced with a new one (not the magic keyboard though.) Then it started doing it again with the new one. It is very frustrating. Has anyone else had this problem? is there a way to fix it? After searching on the internet for fixes, i found firmware updates, but my keyboard was too new and didn't need the update.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Problems with wireless aluminum keyboard repeating for no reason.

I haven't. Anyway, make a genius bar appointment with the nearest Apple Store to have them diagnose and possibly fix the problem for you.

birdman325

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I have the same problem. I am able to resolve it by holding down the power button on my keyboard and then restarting it. It is extremely annoying.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner