I enabled Private Browsing on my iMac that is running OS X El Capitan 10.11.1., how can set my banking app to remember it's login information?

I

iMore Question

I enabled Private Browsing on my iMac that is running OS X El Capitan 10.11.1.

I don't remember how I set up the Private Browsing, but I cannot log into my Bank account without requesting a new code each time.

Where can I put the information for my Bank so that the cookies or whatever are needed are not wiped out in Private Browsing?

thanks, karen

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Re: I enabled Private Browsing on my iMac that is running OS X El Capitan 10.11.1.

Welcome to iMore!

What browser are you using? Assuming Safari, have you tried disabling Private Browsing when you need to login to your bank and then re-enabling it when you're done?

I'm in El Capitan, and there's an option to "Allow from current website only". Maybe you could try that with your bank loaded, and see if that helps? First I'd start with "Always allow", login to your bank, then change the cookies to current website only.

https://support.apple.com/kb/PH19250?locale=en_US

Allow from current website only: Safari accepts cookies and website data only from the website you?re currently visiting. Websites often have embedded content from other sources. Safari does not allow these third parties to store or access cookies or other data.​

Screenshot 2015-11-08 09.37.16.png

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2