How can I backup and/or remove my iTunes from my computer and still be able to use iTunes?

DE25

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
I have an iMac that is like the hub for all my devices. It has a 1TB hard drive that is now full from all of the movies, photos, and music that is on my iTunes. What is the best way for me to back it up first of all and then possibly store it somewhere else to free up memory on my computer. Or is there a completely better way for me to get everything done.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Buy an external hard disk that can hold MORE THAN what is needed to back up your 1 TB hard drive or offload your movies, photos and music onto a separate hard drive.

DE25

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
And i don't have to get one from apple right? I can just buy one from amazon. And I should be able to just move my iTunes over there and access it from there???

Thanks for your help.

swandy

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
And i don't have to get one from apple right? I can just buy one from amazon. And I should be able to just move my iTunes over there and access it from there???

Thanks for your help.

I have one from Le Cie that works great (3TB). Have all my music files and photos on it and just tell iTunes where the music files are located and my primary photo programs the same. The only part of iTunes that is on my main (internal) HD is the actual iTunes Library, but all the music and the few videos I have are on the external drive.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2