- iMore Beginner
- 91 Posts
Fusion Drives... what about reliability nowadays?
Last week I ordered myself my very first iMac, and it'll be delivered to my front door upcoming wednesday, and I'm very excited about it...
However, yesterday evening I came across several message of people saying that back in 2012 when Fusion Drives were launched, the reliability was very poor.
When configuring my iMac, I opted for the Fusion Drive, since the price tag was MUCH MUCH better compared to SSD drives.
- Of course now 3 years gone by, so reliability should be quite a bit now.
I'm just wondering though, is it really fixed these days, or is it still a worrying factor??
- 08-30-2015, 07:58 AM #2
- 08-30-2015, 09:38 AM #3
Re: Fusion Drives... what about reliability nowadays?
From everyone I've talked to and podcasts I've heard it pay to just go with the SSD. Personally I will never go with anything but an SSD from this point forward. If I don't have the money then I save it. I'm at a point in my life that tech wise I won't settle in what I want to purchase. I don't but much at all with credit I just save for what I want.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 5sReplies: 1Last Post: 08-30-2015, 05:27 AM
If I give permission for someone to view one picture in my iCloud Drive, can they view everything stored in my Drive?By iMore Question in forum iCloudReplies: 1Last Post: 08-29-2015, 06:45 PM
- By scottMan1 in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-29-2015, 10:00 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-29-2015, 08:13 AM
- By iMore Question in forum MusicReplies: 1Last Post: 08-29-2015, 12:03 AM