Fusion Drives... what about reliability nowadays?

The_Prodigy1982

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
Last week I ordered myself my very first iMac, and it'll be delivered to my front door upcoming wednesday, and I'm very excited about it...
However, yesterday evening I came across several message of people saying that back in 2012 when Fusion Drives were launched, the reliability was very poor.
When configuring my iMac, I opted for the Fusion Drive, since the price tag was MUCH MUCH better compared to SSD drives.

- Of course now 3 years gone by, so reliability should be quite a bit now.
I'm just wondering though, is it really fixed these days, or is it still a worrying factor??

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't know, but keep in mind that "several messages of people" does not equate to the total number of people who found the fusion drive to be quite suitable and reliable.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
From everyone I've talked to and podcasts I've heard it pay to just go with the SSD. Personally I will never go with anything but an SSD from this point forward. If I don't have the money then I save it. I'm at a point in my life that tech wise I won't settle in what I want to purchase. I don't but much at all with credit I just save for what I want.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen