iMac will not boot past white screen / Apple logo
Mid 2010 27" iMac had what I assumed to be a failed hard drive. It would not boot or recognize the hard drive. I replaced the hard drive. Tried to boot it up again, but nothing has changed. I hit the power button, hear the chimes, see the Apple logo and nothing after that. I have tried booting with the option key held, click the install disc and it will go no further. Could someone please help?
- 06-14-2015, 09:45 AM #2
- 06-23-2015, 12:06 AM #3iMore Nanite
- 1 Posts
Re: Why won't my iMac boot past the white screen / Apple logo?
I am sorry to say that the hard drive was not formatted. I was hoping that the formatting of the hard drive would be done prior to the OS installation automatically. Obviously I was wrong. What steps would you recommend at this point?
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-13-2015, 07:49 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 06-13-2015, 05:12 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-13-2015, 03:35 PM
- By atomarchio in forum iPhone 6Replies: 2Last Post: 06-13-2015, 02:30 PM
- By atomarchio in forum iPhone 6Replies: 1Last Post: 06-13-2015, 01:32 PM