Office for iMac

Paul Harmon

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
I'm considering purchasing a MacBook Pro for grad school. The school requires that we use Microsoft Office. I've read some not so great reviews for office for Mac. Have any of you had good or bad experiences with office for Mac.

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
A new version is apparently on the way. Recommend checking that whichever Office version you choose (365, 2011, 2016) has the same features and plug-in support that the Windows versions do. This may not be a concern for your coursework, but if for example you have a statistics class that requires you to use an analytical add-on package that's only available for Windows version, then this could be a problem if the add-on is not available for the Mac version.

Another option is to run Parallels, Fusion, or Bootcamp and then run a Windows virtual machine (VM). Windows Office version can be installed in the Windows VM. This will be more expensive, unless your school has an academic licensing program with Microsoft. Parallels or Fusion may have a similar student discount program.
Office for Mac 2016 hands-on: A vital upgrade, with some kinks to work out | Ars Technica
Microsoft Office Products for Mac, Apple | Office 365

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I've been using MS Office for OS X since I switched back in 2010. It works well for me - both v2008 and v2011. Looking forward to the 2016 version, as long as I can buy it outright and not have to do the monthly subscription.

SWFLFFPM

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
I agree with the others.

Unless you are a power user you will be fine with Office for Mac.

I did a lot of research when I faced the same situation and found that there might be some small formatting/font differences when converting and some formula issues with some of the deeper complex things in Excel.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro