- iMore Nanite
- 1 Posts
TextEdit File Retrive
Well, Ive been working on a business plan for the past 5 weeks and haven't saved the text files, Ive just kept them open. Now this morning they were not responding so i quit Textedit, it didn't give me an option to save the files or anything. I'm thinking they were going to be there still when I opened Textedit back up but they weren't. Im about to cry, I really need those files back, I will never meet my deadline If i don't.
I found this but the thread is outdated so I'm thinking maybe the procedure is different now.
But I'm also not very familiar with iMacs so i may not know what I'm doing. Someone Please Help me out.....
- 12-25-2014, 02:54 PM #2iMore Genius
- 20,835 Posts
Re: TextEdit File Retrive
Your only hope might be is a TimeCapsule back-up... go to an instance of TextEdit at a time before you had issues and see if things are still there...
Otherwise - consider this a valuable lesson learned - always, always, always save documents and make back-ups.
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 07-06-2015, 05:39 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 01-04-2015, 09:31 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 12-16-2014, 04:31 PM
- By ramzam82 in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 12-15-2014, 06:15 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 12-14-2014, 12:11 PM